What's new

Silver-free hunt

watercolor

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2007
Messages
4,116
Reaction score
1,352
Golden Thread
0
Location
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was really sweet to watch Joe & Kermit getting some old silver. . . even if they weren't Rosies. . . (eh Joe? ;D)

It was fun getting out to do a little "site-hopping" even if silver wasn't in the mix :)
Instead, I settled for an old eagle button and a few Wheats.

Thanks for looking,
watercolor

DSC_7939.webp

Eagle Button.webp
 
What a cool button! Still can't believe you found that...there! Turned out to be a good day for all of us. Next step: Rosey.

Joe
 
Hey Mark, what a great old button!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

When I found that newer one the other day, I could tell you really wanted to find one yourself - and then you did! ;D
 
I sure would like to dig a button as nice as that! WTG! :thumbsup:
 
Thanks for the comments!

I posted the button in the "What's It" forum. . . 1870-1900. . . if it's older than me then I'm happy ;D
 
You mock Neil's button! Button mocker! What shenanigans goes on here?!?

Once you dig button, you don't go back, Mark. Or maybe you go back-mark more often.
 
Nice Button! And nice '20-s wheatie :)
 
Great hunt bud, love the button!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
Great job


It was junk filled day for me too....
 
Cool button!
A few of us were in the same boat Saturday as far as the silver goes, but it was still a nice day to be out in the woods.
A little (very)sloppy in spots, but still beats sitting home. Maybe it'll be out turns next week. :icon_sunny:
Mike
 
What did you find out about the button? any I D on the date?
 
Hey Bob, the raised shield on the button means the Spanish American war era, from the 80's up to the turn of the last century. No unit id such as C for cavalry, I for infantry, etc so it's a GS button, as in general service as opposed to GS for General Staff. Staff buttons were identical with the exception of stars under the eagle.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom