Silver from change machines

jlr1076

Nov 17, 2010
Got 3 silver dimes - once sitting in the tray and twice from people in line ahead of me trying to put the coin through the coinstar. It kept dropping through and I offered to trade them a clad dime straight up. Maybe it's a little deceptive on my part, but it's not my fault they're clueless about silver. And I'm not in the education business. :)

alaskanfever

Mar 8, 2011
ALASKA
yes i recieved a 1963 quarter last night ;D at the bowling alley when i put 2 dollars in to get quarters to play the games.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive found a Merc at a coinstar about a year ago, I eyed it from about 20 feet away and charged straight for it, and a few weeks back I was at my dump bank and saw a black dime in the return slot, threw it in my pocket not thinking it was anything , but it turned out to be a 64 rosie, doesnt look like a silver coin at all

Now I look forward to dumping my change just to see what other goodies I find, besides the hair and dogfood I normally find in the sorter

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No silver for me either in the coinstar machines. But I will keep on looking for it......Matt

mleblanc138

Feb 24, 2011
Orem, Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a Silver Dime in a coinstar reject tray once, then I went to the grocery's bank branch and got 2 CWR Half rolls, which contained a 40% 1967.

santafeboy

Dec 8, 2010
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter 1100
Today found British 5 pence in coinstar, best coinstar find a 1963 Roosevelt

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS
nope, not yet, but if im in some business, standing and waiting for someone to meet me, i will sometimes take out some pocket change and start putting it through the vending machine and hitting reject, and im convinced that sometime i will hit silver from doing so. keep it up and hh!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread