jerseyben
Gold Member
- Joined
- Nov 18, 2010
- Messages
- 5,216
- Reaction score
- 2,180
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- NJ Pine Barrens
- Detector(s) used
- T2 SE
- Primary Interest:
- Other
Was on my way to a local small time coin dealer to see about some gold coins when I saw 2 banks within a block of the coin store. I am glad I stopped because my haul was incredible! Picked up 24 clad Ikes to bring my total to just shy of 200. Picked up 6 loose halves as well as 2 brown paper wrapped rolls of halves. The teller actually said something like "this one likes like its real silver" when she was putting them in the envelope. I was happy enough knowing there was probably silver in the loose halves and when I got home I confirmed that there were four 40% halves in the loose lot. The big surprise came when I opened the 1st roll and saw silver staring back at me. All but two in the first roll were silver including one 1964. The 2nd roll was about half silver with two 1964. All together I got one and a half rolls of 40% halves plus three 90% 1964 halves! SWEET! I am now just ONE 40% shy of having 4 full rolls of 40s...
Upvote
0

)
keep it up and hh!






