Greenie
Feb 26, 2012
Panama City, Florida
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
New to the Forum. I need help with my ACE 250! I am killing 1960's clad and wheaties at the old parks and it is great at the beach for rings and gold. My problem is no silver! I am using a DD 8.5 X11, again the clad is mid 60's numerous wheaties and 2 Buffalo's and a 1942 war nickel. What am I doing wrong?

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dirt Player said:
New to the Forum. I need help with my ACE 250! I am killing 1960's clad and wheaties at the old parks and it is great at the beach for rings and gold. My problem is no silver! I am using a DD 8.5 X11, again the clad is mid 60's numerous wheaties and 2 Buffalo's and a 1942 war nickel. What am I doing wrong?
Nothing...keep digging Silver will come. Welcome to Treasure net :icon_thumleft:

SS

mfitzy111

Mar 6, 2011
NEPA
Detector(s) used
garrett ACE350 (traded off!), minelab E-TRAC, AT-Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
you have the same issue I have man. try some other locations. it seems to me the gear works- and your finding coins, just not old coins. move some place older or some place that hasn't been hit so bad. old ball fields, old churches, old parks- just keep trying- it's frustrating until you find some silver...just keep in mind it's best to dig pennies and pulltabs signals because that is where the gold might be...I've seen people on here posting that you'll dig about 100 or more pull tabs to one gold ring (I'm planning on proving it this weekend!)

good luck, welcome and please share your finds with us when you find some good stuff!

HH.

~Fitzy111

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
Your not doing anything wrong, you just haven't hit any silver yet! When you do, You'll Know It! What has happened in the past at some of the parks and schools is that some hunters have "Cherry Picked" the silver out of them leaving everything else. To cherry pick all you do is run your discrimination so high that you disc everything but silver out.

HH

justanotherbarber

Jan 30, 2012
Tucson, AZ
Detector(s) used
Vaquero, Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Try some older schools or ball fields in your area. If you hit the right spot you will find the silver and the ace will do it for sure. Search "Ace 250" on youtube, there is a guy that hunts an old park and is hauling in the old finds. Remember to not put all your trust in the meter.

Good Luck.

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you think that you might have the discrimanate turned up a little too much?

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dirt Player

your coil is to big to be acurret your reading to much ground and other junk in the ground and the detector won't i'd it properly. and it still mite be to deep for your detector to see... big loop or not.

liftloop

justanotherbarber

Jan 30, 2012
Tucson, AZ
Detector(s) used
Vaquero, Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
liftloop said:
Dirt Player

your coil is to big to be acurret your reading to much ground and other junk in the ground and the detector won't i'd it properly. and it still mite be to deep for your detector to see... big loop or not.

liftloop

Totally agree.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread