What's new

Silver in the pock

Waynos

Sr. Member
Joined
May 28, 2015
Messages
266
Reaction score
721
Golden Thread
1
Location
Keene New Hampshire
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett AT Propointer
Lesche Sampson T shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit the local trashy park with my 8.5x11 DD coil on my AT Pro this morning.
Started out digging bottlecaps like crazy then I had a faint tone in the 84-85 range.
Dug down about 10 inches and pulled a 1945 mercury dime!!!
Rest of my digs were clad and junk but silver always lifts the spirits
 

Attachments

  • 2015100815034200.webp
    2015100815034200.webp
    33.2 KB · Views: 135
  • 2015100815035000.webp
    2015100815035000.webp
    24.2 KB · Views: 133
  • 2015100815040200.webp
    2015100815040200.webp
    12.5 KB · Views: 147
  • 2015100815040900.webp
    2015100815040900.webp
    30.5 KB · Views: 139
Upvote 22
Congrats on that deep Merc. :occasion14: Sometimes you have to dig those whispers and iffy's.
 
Congratz on the silver! Boo to the "pock" vocabulary! :laughing7:
 
Someone really dropped that dime deep. Congrats on a beauty!
 
I think you have been watching the show of which we do not speak lol.
 
Very nice looking silver dime!
 
That is pretty good recovering at that depth.
I did not know the AT Pro hit silver that deep.
I know they are very good machines for the money.
Way to go!
(LOL--those Zincolns just fall to pieces).
 
10" down...that is an impressive discovery.
 
AH YES WAYNOS HAS FOUND , YE OLE SILFER MERC . NICE FIND .
 
Thanks guys
Not sure if the stock coil gave me the depth advantage or the fact I run pro zero no disc and auto ground balance.
But I do know my 5x8 DD has been over that area at least 5 times and never picked up the signal.
After this hunt I'm starting to understand the value and purpose of each coil.
I may save up and get the NEL coil and sniper just to have for different occasions
 
Let me tell you that the sniper coil is awesome I would not have my one and only Spanish silver or the belt plate in my avatar without it
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom