Silver Member
Apr 24, 2013
Eastern Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yesterday's hunt was more about clearing my head rather than finding treasure. On Saturday our cat of eleven years, Lucky, died of complications related to advanced stomach cancer. My wife and I knew this day was coming, but his passing still hit us like a sledgehammer. He was a beautiful creature, and will be greatly missed. So in an attempt to escape my grief ( if only for a short time), I headed into some nearby woods with my detector to do some hunting. The day was successful. I like to think that Lucky was with me, guiding me. You see, he was a great hunter too...not for silver, gold and relics...mostly for rabbits, chipmunks, and mice. He was quite skilled, and frequently brought these "gifts" home to us...

My first good target was a 1925 Mercury dime. This was part of a small spill that also included a 1917-D Wheatie

01.jpg
02.jpg
04.jpg
05.jpg

Next up was a pretty fancy buckle. I can't quite tell if it might have been a knee buckle, or just an ornate tack buckle. It's missing some of the glass beads around the sides, but still a nice recovery.

03.jpg
06.jpg
07.jpg

Next up was a pretty little silver ring. Nothing super special, but I love it when I manage to find any kind of ring.

08.jpg

Aside from some clad and a buffalo nickel, the only other item dug worth mentioning was a really tiny piece that appears to be a coat of arms. There are what appear to be screw holes, so I imagine that it was affixed to something...no idea how old it is or if the coat of arms has any significance. If any one has an opinion, please share.

013.jpg
012.jpg

Please join me in wishing Lucky safe travels in the afterlife. I know that we will some day meet again in the Great Beyond. Cheers!

Lucky Cat.jpg

Upvote 44
The loss of a pet cat or dog is the loss of a family member. Animals give us all of their love and do not ask for anything in return except love. Truly sorry for your loss. You will always feel Lucky lying next to you.

Yesterday's hunt was more about clearing my head rather than finding treasure. On Saturday our cat of eleven years, Lucky, died of complications related to advanced stomach cancer. My wife and I knew this day was coming, but his passing still hit us like a sledgehammer. He was a beautiful creature, and will be greatly missed. So in an attempt to escape my grief ( if only for a short time), I headed into some nearby woods with my detector to do some hunting. The day was successful. I like to think that Lucky was with me, guiding me. You see, he was a great hunter too...not for silver, gold and relics...mostly for rabbits, chipmunks, and mice. He was quite skilled, and frequently brought these "gifts" home to us...

My first good target was a 1925 Mercury dime. This was part of a small spill that also included a 1917-D Wheatie

View attachment 2129822View attachment 2129823View attachment 2129824View attachment 2129825

Next up was a pretty fancy buckle. I can't quite tell if it might have been a knee buckle, or just an ornate tack buckle. It's missing some of the glass beads around the sides, but still a nice recovery.

View attachment 2129826View attachment 2129827View attachment 2129828

Next up was a pretty little silver ring. Nothing super special, but I love it when I manage to find any kind of ring.

View attachment 2129829

Aside from some clad and a buffalo nickel, the only other item dug worth mentioning was a really tiny piece that appears to be a coat of arms. There are what appear to be screw holes, so I imagine that it was affixed to something...no idea how old it is or if the coat of arms has any significance. If any one has an opinion, please share.

View attachment 2129830View attachment 2129831

Please join me in wishing Lucky safe travels in the afterlife. I know that we will some day meet again in the Great Beyond. Cheers!

View attachment 2129832
I believe cats and dogs go to heaven. That's where they romp and run free with no pain. My condolences.

View attachment 2129822View attachment 2129823View attachment 2129824View attachment 2129825

View attachment 2129826View attachment 2129827View attachment 2129828

View attachment 2129829

View attachment 2129830View attachment 2129831

View attachment 2129832
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

My condolences on the passing of your cat Lucky. We have had several cats over the years that have passed on. Each one has been very special to us. And we grieved the loss of every one of them. May you find peace in your heart over your little friend.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back