What's new

Silver ingot/nugget?

smed76

Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 22, 2012
Messages
35
Reaction score
10
Golden Thread
0
Has anyone ever found and natural silver here in south central pa.? Believe this was a bullet but looks to me like a nugget I've seen on the web.what do you think??

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet
 

Attachments

  • image-162512322.webp
    image-162512322.webp
    26 KB · Views: 309
  • image-1770322510.webp
    image-1770322510.webp
    29.3 KB · Views: 280
If you have a scale and a graduated cylinder, you can find the object's density (weight divided by the amount of water displaced). Check that density against a table of densities for metals.
 
Don't have either,little to scientific for me.all I can do is compare to other bullets and they are not similar by weight or looks.

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet
 
i'm sure you could take it to a jeweler and have it tested
 
Melted aluminum can? How much does it weigh, what is the size comparison to a dime. I often find blobs of this unknown silver looking stuff in the ground, but I always thought it was just melted aluminum or foil, guess I should take a closer look to my blobs also.. Maybe I have silver too.
 
Has anyone ever found and natural silver here in south central pa.? Believe this was a bullet but looks to me like a nugget I've seen on the web.what do you think??

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet


20130222_112827.webpMine are holed, often covered with centuries of salt and maybe some are nickel? HH Boris number in 100s and shape of hogge/ship logo of Bermuda{SI} roman numerals and "P". ?trade in 1600s? lead found in the same shapes too! ie, L=50 C=100.
 
Last edited:
DF Dave got it! I toke the piece to a jeweler and he said it was aluminum.but could explain the shap/design of it.
 
DF Dave got it! I toke the piece to a jeweler and he said it was aluminum.but could explain the shap/design of it.

It's probably a burnt can from a campfire. I find those chunks all the time in parks or around burn barrels. The shape is just from it melting
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom