What's new

Silver lady

MARCVS

Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2008
Messages
58
Reaction score
132
Golden Thread
1
Location
Europe
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
White`s Eagle Spectrum II,White`s DFX,Minelab X-Terra 705,Minelab GPX 4500,White`s MX Sport,Minelab E-Trac,Nokta Simplex
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
This lady pop out today
Found with Minelab gpx 4500 about 35-40 cm deep in plowed field.

Faustina 100 - 141 yearWife of Antoninus Pius. Her death was deeply mourned by Antoninus despite widely circulating rumors of her being unfaithful to him. Her daughter Faustina II, another woman of questionable repute, married Marcus Aurelius who would also eventually go on to grieve the loss of his wife.

This coin was minted in Rome posthumous 148-161
RIC 351 (Antoninus Pius), S 4578, C 32
Denarius Obv: DIVAFAVSTINA - Draped bust right.
Rev: AETERNITAS - Aeternitas standing left, holding globe and veil above head.
 

Attachments

  • denar faustina.webp
    denar faustina.webp
    127.1 KB · Views: 190
Last edited:
Upvote 27
Thats a beautiful coin. Nice dig.
 
A denarius of Faustina is high on my wish list....Congrats on a beautiful roman silver! :notworthy:
 
Hmmmm.....if I ever make a detecting trip to Europe, I really hope I find something like that. Great find!
 
Congratulations on the beautiful coin find! The detail is remarkable!
 
Lovely coin I never get tired of looking at Roman Silvers. I hope you don't mind me posting these to your thread, but I thought I might show how I managed to find all three members of the same family.:thumbsup:

SS
 

Attachments

  • affj.webp
    affj.webp
    15.7 KB · Views: 327
  • fasr.webp
    fasr.webp
    16.2 KB · Views: 350
Lovely coin I never get tired of looking at Roman Silvers. I hope you don't mind me posting these to your thread, but I thought I might show how I managed to find all three members of the same family.:thumbsup:

SS

What he said. Although mine are not all as nice looking!

CONGRATS
 
Lovely coin I never get tired of looking at Roman Silvers. I hope you don't mind me posting these to your thread, but I thought I might show how I managed to find all three members of the same family.:thumbsup:

SS

I don`t mind at all
Lets add Marcus Aurelius then,he is missing :)

This is my best young Marcus portrait.
 

Attachments

  • denar marko a.webp
    denar marko a.webp
    41 KB · Views: 138
I don`t mind at all
Lets add Marcus Aurelius then,he is missing :)

This is my best young Marcus portrait.
I have found one, it came when I found three different silvers in the same day...:thumbsup:

SS
 

Attachments

  • Maa.webp
    Maa.webp
    25.4 KB · Views: 295
  • mrr.webp
    mrr.webp
    26.4 KB · Views: 292
Very nice find Marcvs. We don't find many of those over here in the USA. GL&HH!
 
what a beauty, amazing find!
 
Nice find,
it is interesting to see difference between denarius design form UK and continental Europe.
 
Oh my goodness. That's probably one of the coolest coins I've ever seen.

Congratulations

Banner!!!!!
 
Absolutely beautiful find ! and in such nice condition too !!!!!
 
I don`t mind at all Lets add Marcus Aurelius then,he is missing :) This is my best young Marcus portrait.
Ok now you guys are just showing off!

So many outstanding coins on one thread!
 
Wow, is all I'm saying!!
 
Thank you all
Now after some super fine silver brush polishing,and after treatment with Renaissance micro-crystalline wax she looks even better :) and preserved for lifetime.
 

Attachments

  • denar faustina 3a.webp
    denar faustina 3a.webp
    129.6 KB · Views: 115
Very nice. It never ceases to amaze me to watch Europeans digging up truly ancient things. Its humbling to realize how much longer your history goes back than ours. We're barely a quarter-millennia, where yours is many.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom