Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm on a business trip near Trier Germany, where I used to work. Found a Roman silver Denarius from Antonius Pius today on a field where I found 9 Roman coins about 8 years ago, there was a Roman villa on this field. This is my first post in a very long time. HH, Mike
Antoninus Pius, AR denarius, Rome, 139 AD.

IMP T AEL CAES HADR ANTONINVS, bare head right.
AVG PIVS PM TR P COS II, Fortuna standing left, holding rudder on globe and cornucopiae.

RIC 22; RSC 88; Sear 4056.

AntoniusO.jpgAntoniusR.jpg

Upvote 14
MUST BE NEET TO FIND ARTIFACTS FROM THE ROMANS . NICE FIND .

Great find! I visited Trier and the Roman ruins several times while stationed in Germany in the early 80's. Absolutely beautiful area. I wasn't metal detecting back then. Boy, am I regretting that now!

Welcome back, thought you had died.

Always welcome to see them, I'm having a bit of a dry patch after a racing start to the year. CONGRATS

Nice find. While my wife and I were on our Viking River cruise a few weeks ago, we saw someone detecting in a field while traveling from Passau, Germany to Salzburg, Austria. Could it have been you?
I'm on a business trip near Trier Germany, where I used to work. Found a Roman silver Denarius from Antonius Pius today on a field where I found 9 Roman coins about 8 years ago, there was a Roman villa on this field. This is my first post in a very long time. HH, Mike
Antoninus Pius, AR denarius, Rome, 139 AD.

IMP T AEL CAES HADR ANTONINVS, bare head right.
AVG PIVS PM TR P COS II, Fortuna standing left, holding rudder on globe and cornucopiae.

RIC 22; RSC 88; Sear 4056.

View attachment 1359675View attachment 1359676

Nice Denarius Mike and glad to see you back posting! Was that the field we talked about some time ago? Well worth to come back and detect it again! :icon_thumleft:

Great finds as always......gotta love ancient History! keep on Digging!

Sweet Danarius Roman coins I cant even imagine having something that old!!!Thanks for sharing it!!

Mike,

Good going on the Roman silver....glad you are still detecting and hope you are doing well.

Regards + HH

Bill

Awesome find Mike! I miss your posts. Hope to see more finds from you. It was great hunting with you when I was in Germany. I miss Germany. Are you still in the Grafenwoehr area?

Hi Jeff, yes, still in Graf, just don't get too detect like I used to.

That is an awesome coin! What a find congrats and happy hunting

Way to go Mike! That's a really beautiful coin. I visited Trier a few years ago and loved the Kaisertherme and the Porta Nigra. Wish I brought a detector!

This should have been a banner find. Way to go!!

Antoninus Pius and his family are what I collect most.
Congratulations on such a great find.

sanfisher1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back