Good call PBKPBK said:Based on its silver composition and the size you have indicated, it would appear to be a crown of William III.
and welcome to T Net 
Not quite £500, i'd grade the coin-F£75-VF£275 maxCRUSADER said:![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
You are kidding, right? You found a 1696 Crown![]()
![]()
Worth at least £500
If you say you found this detecting, I'm voting banner. I have never had a crown earlier than 1900!


Silver Searcher said:Not quite £500, i'd grade the coin-F£75-VF£275 maxCRUSADER said:![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
You are kidding, right? You found a 1696 Crown![]()
![]()
Worth at least £500
If you say you found this detecting, I'm voting banner. I have never had a crown earlier than 1900!
But Banner as you say, supprised PBK didn't put it up there
SS.
No what you mean :P there is some mega prices for that coinCRUSADER said:Silver Searcher said:Not quite £500, i'd grade the coin-F£75-VF£275 maxCRUSADER said:![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
You are kidding, right? You found a 1696 Crown![]()
![]()
Worth at least £500
If you say you found this detecting, I'm voting banner. I have never had a crown earlier than 1900!
But Banner as you say, supprised PBK didn't put it up there
SS.
oops sorry, looked at the wrong variant of 1696.
Still an amazing find, have you ever had a Crown?

come to think of it, I don't get that many milled coins at all 