What's new

silver pendant, tokens, and coins: you just never know sometimes!

Lilly0fA

Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 13, 2015
Messages
73
Reaction score
219
Golden Thread
0
Location
Washington State
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a hunt today in an area where I have found quite a lot of great coins in the past. I didn't have a whole lot of time today but the weather was great! I ended up finding a 1941 wheat penny, two tokens, and a silver dragon pendant. I have named him Magellan :wink: There isn't an inscribed "925" on it but it's heavy, rang up as silver, has the silver 'clink' sound when dropped, and looks like silver when cleaned. I wonder...what decade is it from? hard to say!

The tokens are fairly modern I think: "Winchester Mystery House, San Hose, CA" and "Illusionz, Magical Entertainment Center"



IMG_4385.webpFullSizeRender (2).webp

FullSizeRender (8).webpFullSizeRender (7).webpFullSizeRender (6).webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 28
Thanks! I looked at your profile just now and you have quite the silver coin collection! I'd love to find older silver...Over here on the West Coast, things just aren't as old as the East Coast. I am hopeful though!
 
WOW ! Cool Winged Dragon Lilly !
 
That's a solid hunt right there Lilly!
 
A good free method of testing for silver is the Ice Cube Test. Put one edge or side of the object on an ice cube and it will get very cold very quickly (usually in a few seconds) if it is silver. This is because silver is one of the best heat conductors of all metals. Also, the ice cube will usually start to melt almost immediately because the silver object is transferring heat to the ice.

Please let us know how the test turns out.

Russ
 
Very nice pendant!
 
Very nice dragon! I hope its silver!
 
RustyRelicHunter: I actually tried the ice cube last night! It did get cold very quickly and the ice also melted fast. I am pretty sure it's silver...Everything about it is silver-like :) I might just buy one of those test kits to confirm...
 
That Winchester House souvenir is cool, I also like that silver Dragon. It looks like you found some nice keepers today.:thumbsup:
 
I am glad to hear that it is probably silver. The acid testing kits seem to work better for me on gold items but the silver acid is not as reliable as the ice cube method.
 
That dragon pendant is absolutely awesome.
 
NICE FIND AND NEEET DRAGON ..
 
Cool Dragon Lilly ! I agree looks to be Silver ! I think it's fairly modern - (1980's on ) just a guess based on style , Nice.
 
RusyRelicHunter: I did another ice test with the dragon. It definitely passed! The whole piece became cold very fast, though I only had the tip of the wing touching the ice. I could practically cut the ice cube in half by pushing the dragon into the cube; it melted the ice cube so fast. Definitely silver!

Thanks!

Argentium, yes I think it's very 1980's! I laugh thinking about how it used to be in style :hello2:
 
You're killin' it.

I love old coins but I really love Magellan, the dragon who was hiding in the dirt just waiting for you to come along and release him.
That's definitely a cool looking pendant and a great find. Any silver always is in my book.
Nothing wrong with that big token and the wheaties either.

Those "no cash value" tokens show up quite often in my area. I know that Roger Williams mint that makes some of them has been around for about 75 years. Some of them can be kinda' old so it never hurts to double check them.

Congrats on another great hunt.
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom