What's new

🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Silver plated something

robertk

Gold Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
May 16, 2023
Messages
7,139
Reaction score
34,613
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
White's Spectra v3i
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this at a late 1800's home site. I believe it's silver plated. I've found silver plated kitchen utensils there before, so maybe this is kitchen related, but I really don't know. It is about the same size as a quarter, and it's quite thin. It has a little tab sticking off one side that presumably attached it to something, and the edge on the opposite side feels like it would have had something there as well. I could almost see it being the cover for a small pocket watch or maybe a locket -- but why the holes? So I don't know. Does anyone recognize it? Here's both sides:

IMG_4620.webp IMG_4619.webp
 
I just had a thought... maybe the top of a salt or pepper shaker? What do you think?
 
Upvote 0
I thought of an economy shower head. For a gravity system in a camp, perhaps.
 
Upvote 0
I thought of an economy shower head. For a gravity system in a camp, perhaps.
Possibly, but it's awfully small and thin for that. It's the size of a quarter and as thin as a sheet of stiff paper.
 
Upvote 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom