Silver pocketwatch, civ and a big bell

image-1935833270.jpg

Awesome silver watch! I love the dog tax... I've only found one

Any marking on the watch?
Congrats!

I have not been able to get it open. Any suggestions? It has hinges on both sides and is very heavy. No markings.

G

Beautiful watch, try pushing down on the stem, one side or the other should open.
Like to see inside that myself.

Beautiful watch, try pushing down on the stem, one side or the other should open.
Like to see inside that myself.
Same here! It would be cool to see if it's at all possible to do without destroying the watch. Great finds! :thumbsup:

Great looking pocket watch and tag. I'd like to hear if you get it opened to see what jeweller's marks or make it is. Congrats on the find, still high on the want list it is.

I love all those finds. In almost a year of detecting I have yet to find a single dog tax tag. The silver watch is quite a find.

Great finds, everything.

very nice watch. love the dog tag

Hello gforce1972. Real nice finds, you have some great relics there and the watch is outstanding.

Hope you can get the watch open without damage. What does the other side of it look like?

Thanks for posting and HH. C9

Hello gforce1972. Real nice finds, you have some great relics there and the watch is outstanding. Hope you can get the watch open without damage. What does the other side of it look like? Thanks for posting and HH. C9

Both sides are identical.

Well here it is open. Turn of the century watch. Swiss. Made by Longines. A lot of silver weight.

image-3392998934.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back