Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tmjones550 said:
Just a question....How high do you think or how high have you heard silver will go?I have read it could go as high as $750.00 an ounce.

Your guess is as good as mine I would just be happy to see it go back up to $50.00 so I can sell a little what I bought when it was $27.00 so I can make some money as I've been buying a lot lately in the low and high $30's. :laughing9:
All kidding aside I don't think anyone knows how it's gonna go as it's fluctuating a lot lately. I don't think we are even going to even see $75.00 this year as it's so volatile right now. Cheers, Charlie

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
It should easily hit $50/ounce this year, as people start to (suddenly) realize that their income is not worth what it was. What we are currently in is a devaluation of the dollar, and the Chinese are going to enforce that devaluation. It's only a matter of time before they start asking for US payment for their money borrowed in gold, silver, PMs, oil, or something else.

What can you do? The best hedge against inflation and monetary devaluation is gold or other PMs. It's historic and has been that way for thousands of years.

A lot of money managers are trying to steer people away from investing in PMs, and insisting they keep their money in stocks/bonds.

Stocks/bonds have their place in financial planning. But so do PMs. Typically people should keep 5-10% of their total wealth in PMs for just this reason.

I think you have to remember the times right after 1970 when silver started its escalating price. Take the long-term approach. Research what gold/silver was selling for then, and compare it to the National Debt. Now take a look at today's prices, and anticipate what will happen in the future.

Right now, one of the best things you can put away for tomorrow is having a metal detector. Think about it.

brendan1414

Apr 9, 2011
blah blah devaluation, blah blah us dollar, blah blah global economic collapse... NOBODY KNOWS

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
brendan1414 said:
blah blah devaluation, blah blah us dollar, blah blah global economic collapse... NOBODY KNOWS
Apparently Kitco.com has an inkling. Silver just rose from $39.40 to $41.92. But I'm certain it can't have anything to do with devaluation or global economic collapse. Have a nice day.

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
Tuberale said:
Apparently Kitco.com has an inkling. Silver just rose from $39.40 to $41.92. But I'm certain it can't have anything to do with devaluation or global economic collapse. Have a nice day.
My bad. That should have been $42.92. Obviously I can't do simple math either.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread