What's new

Silver Quarters

Huntr1

Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 26, 2005
Messages
58
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
Mechanicsville, MD
What was the last year for silver content in quarters? I just bought $20.00 for the parking meter and going thru them I found 6 '65, 2 '66 & 3 '67.
 
Upvote 0
'64

There are new silver proofs and some 76's were made of 40% silver.
 
The 76 with silver was a proof as well.

Proofs are so rare, especially SILVER versions of them that unless you search a ton of quarters on a regular basis, its best not even to worry about them. ;)

~Dave
 
BBcardsRI said:
The 76 with silver was a proof as well.

Proofs are so rare, especially SILVER versions of them that unless you search a ton of quarters on a regular basis, its best not even to worry about them. ;)

~Dave
I just check the rolls of quarters I buy to feed the meter.
 
BBcardsRI said:
The 76 with silver was a proof as well.

Proofs are so rare, especially SILVER versions of them that unless you search a ton of quarters on a regular basis, its best not even to worry about them. ;)

~Dave

Actually in 1975 and 1976, San Francisco Mint issued both Proof and Uncirculated versions of the Bicentennial Quarter, Half-Dollar, and Dollar coins.
 
To answer your simple question 1964 for normal circulation.

Mojo
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom