What's new

Silver ring hallmark

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2008
Messages
1,501
Reaction score
376
Golden Thread
1
Location
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I found this ring yesterday and I am trying to find the hallmark and age. The left arrow has a C in it and the right arrow has an L.
The center design is hard to describe. It looks a circle with a couple lines on the upper left and a smaller circle on the upper right.
 

Attachments

  • DSC01500.webp
    DSC01500.webp
    24 KB · Views: 885
  • DSC01498.webp
    DSC01498.webp
    19 KB · Views: 487
  • DSC01500.webp
    DSC01500.webp
    24 KB · Views: 513
  • DSC01498.webp
    DSC01498.webp
    19 KB · Views: 370
i think sterling means it silver :laughing9:...jk. Sorry i cant help you on the hallmarks, very nice ring though :icon_thumright:
 
Upvote 0
Don't recognize the maker's mark. Style is revival of Medieval/Renaissance rings. Guessing early-mid 20th century.

A nice ring in nice condition! :hello2:
 
Upvote 0
Nice find :hello2:
I have tried zooming in on the hallmark without success.
With respect, are you sure that they are C and L?
One appears to be an H :icon_scratch:

I do wonder if the mark in the middle is an ampersand '&' and that the hallmark is shown upside down in your pic.

Any chance of another pic from the 'other side'?

Mike
 
Upvote 0
Just tidying up some blasts from the past (including some very ancient ones), largely for the benefit of anyone searching the site for information.

What I see in the (very small) pictures doesn’t seem to align with the description of the mark, but I would be pretty sure that this is one of the marks used by Clark & Coombs.

Clark & Coombs.webp

Clark & Coombs2.webp


I think what is described as an ‘L’ in the right hand arrow is another ‘C’ with a bit of distortion and that the odd symbol between the arrows is a very stylised ampersand, like the second of the examples above.
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom