What's new

✅ SOLVED Silver ring

terry g

Full Member
Joined
May 9, 2009
Messages
161
Reaction score
401
Golden Thread
1
Location
In the Mediterranean on a yacht.
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
2 x Excalibur ll, Excal 1000,
Anyone come across one of these. Found in Australia. From the web I think it was made from part of a silver spoon? Inside diameter is oval and about one inch at its widest.
Thanks
 

Attachments

  • Buffalo spoon ring 2.webp
    Buffalo spoon ring 2.webp
    33.2 KB · Views: 93
  • Buffalo spoon ring.webp
    Buffalo spoon ring.webp
    102.6 KB · Views: 74
  • buffalo spoon ring 3.webp
    buffalo spoon ring 3.webp
    39.9 KB · Views: 81
Nice find Terry. :thumbsup:
As you mentioned, likely the top of a teaspoon that was broken and re-purposed.

Dave
 

Attachments

  • Buffalo spoon ring 2-crop.webp
    Buffalo spoon ring 2-crop.webp
    38.6 KB · Views: 77
  • buffalo spoon ring 3-crop.webp
    buffalo spoon ring 3-crop.webp
    43 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Nice one!! Spoon rings were popular in the late 60's-70's.
 
Upvote 0
Great I'd very nice ring I've always wanted to find one of those
 
Upvote 0
Appreciate all the replies... I found this in a fresh water river about 10 years ago, at the time I thought it was too good for the melting pot. I've done a quick clean and the detail is amazing and hardly shows any signs of being worn much. A pity the original Company stopped trading in 1905... Who knows when it was turned into a ring..
 

Attachments

  • Buffalo ring cleaned.webp
    Buffalo ring cleaned.webp
    49.4 KB · Views: 88
  • Buffalo ring 2.webp
    Buffalo ring 2.webp
    70.8 KB · Views: 57
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom