What's new

Silver soldered with a stamp ????

Vodka1000

Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 21, 2007
Messages
404
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
???
I found some items stamped:
"silver soldered" and a stamp next to it 8oz or 10oz.
What the stamping have to do with the item.
Is the 10oz. stamp is a total weight of an item or what??
Is this a silver or silver plate?
???

Thanks
 
I believe the weight refers to the liquid weight the object can hold.
Test the theory: The stamped weight should be less than the actual weight of the object.
Don....
 
Upvote 0
Silver solder is usually used to affix things to metal such as a gunsite to a gun, etc. It makes a very strong weld that won't rust. I don't have a clue about the item(s) unless you post a picture. Monty
 
Upvote 0
Montys right. Silver Solder is a very strong(expensive) solder. Were the items cups or pitchers that had handles soldered on? Tony
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom