Silver Spoon Reunion. 1936 George V Penny and other items. Updated.

RatherBeDigging

Jun 16, 2020
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Started with a Minelab xterra 505. Then Equinox 600 with stock coil, xl coil and sinper coil depending on circumstances. Now use a manticore.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
As are most places I go this place is awful. Trashy, semi overgrown, squeeze tubes are abundant but it was also a farm for at least 120 years. Took some time over weekend to move some branches, do some pruning and pick up/dig up a lot of junk and nails. Nit picked with manticore sniper coil. It's odd being the place I've found the most wheatys to only have 1 silver coin so far a 1936 mercury dime.Maybe if I keep removing junk ? Anyway still producing of I work at it.

Spoon is a Sterling Gorham Strausborg pattern and matches the Spoon I dug in here early 2023. Both just under high grass. Not even burried. Clearly not been hunted before me if sterling spoons are just laying on the surface.

Great seal cuff button was near burn pit so it got a little warm. Pocket watch was definitely burnt.

Coins are George V penny 1936, 1944 D wheaty, 1953D wheaty, 1951 wheaty and a toasted wheaty. Few buckles and whatever that silver plated item and scabbard tip item are. Definitely going back because by Summer there's no walking in here at all. Grass gets knee high.

Update for those interested in the a little site history. It goes back to 1850s at least but probably into 1820s1830s given the flat buttons,matron head large cent and random pewter spoon bits. I was fortunate to have dug the mailbox tag of the farm's last resident). Not disclosing names but it's cool to tie the newer items to actual people. Surprised how much info I found researching. Land was sold by son who in inherited it. Barn and house were demolished in early 70s.

Attachments

• 20240422_215527.jpg
    20240422_215527.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Upvote 11

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As are most places I go this place is awful. Trashy, semi overgrown, squeeze tubes are abundant but it was also a farm for at least 120 years. Took some time over weekend to move some branches, do some pruning and pick up/dig up a lot of junk and nails. Nit picked with manticore sniper coil. It's odd being the place I've found the most wheatys to only have 1 silver coin so far a 1936 mercury dime.Maybe if I keep removing junk ? Anyway still producing of I work at it.

Spoon is a Sterling Gorham Strausborg pattern and matches the Spoon I dug in here early 2023. Both just under high grass. Not even burried. Clearly not been hunted before me if sterling spoons are just laying on the surface.

Great seal cuff button was near burn pit so it got a little warm. Pocket watch was definitely burnt.

Coins are George V penny 1936, 1944 D wheaty, 1953D wheaty, 1951 wheaty and a toasted wheaty. Few buckles and whatever that silver plated item abd scabbard tip item are. Definitely going back because by Summer there's no walking in here at all. Grass gets knee high.
Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread