What's new

Silver spoon?

ShortbusElite

Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 26, 2016
Messages
294
Reaction score
611
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I didn't get much time to metal detect today. The little time I did get was spent in my backyard while battling a constant fog of mosquitoes. The deet I covered myself in didn't discourage them one bit. Anyways, my most notable find was one gnawed up spoon. I'm pretty sure it got into a fight with a mower and lost. My question is whether or not it is silver. The markings on the back of it say "WM Rogers & Son AA." I have googled it and some say silverplate and others say silver. I am no expert at identifying silver so I was hoping for a little help from you guys. So what do you think, silver or no?
 

Attachments

  • 1468550913991.webp
    1468550913991.webp
    11 KB · Views: 110
  • 1468550928928.webp
    1468550928928.webp
    12.8 KB · Views: 108
  • 1468550939148.webp
    1468550939148.webp
    12.5 KB · Views: 104
  • 1468550949778.webp
    1468550949778.webp
    13.1 KB · Views: 103
Upvote 6
Silver wouldn't rust like that !!!!
 
Thanks guys. I just wanted to check before it got thrown out.
 
Even plated it sure is pretty! [emoji12]
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom