Silver storage, Anybody bury their stash or some of it?

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Ok, so some who know whats really going to happen or allready happening may have the same idea as me ( and others) but, I've been trying to figure out a good way to bury some of my Silver, a lot of my extra is in glass instant coffee containers with plastic lids right now, but can be transferred to something else. I have thought about a box of some sort to put the containers in, but don't want it to get filled up with water from being under the ground. Those who don't know, if you are taken out of your home, or for what ever reason have to leave it you will not be able to take your stash with you ( no way I could carry mine) just some in your bug out bag, you will know were your money is and can come back to your spot and get it later when things are stable again, ( I'm not burying it at my house, hint hint clue clue), things may never get out of hand ( right....) but if they do, I just want to be ready. I could go on but, this isn't the "Prepper" forum, I'll take some suggestions from some of you that do this, or have thought about burying your CRHing finds. HH, Maverick.

Upvote 0

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have buried some of mine in a small canvas bag, stuffed into a ziplock, put into a wooden box sealed with duct tape, wrapped in a heavy-duty trash bag.

Overkill?

Styfflin

Jan 8, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I still want to know what Mav decided to do. Mav??

Personally, I still don't have enough silver to need to hide. Ugh. I've got these awesome Tazo tea tins from Starbucks that seem to seal pretty good. They'll keep my few solid rolls (one solid roll of silver Roosevelt dimes and two solid rolls of solid 40% silver Kennedy halves) nicely.

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I still want to know what Mav decided to do. Mav??

Personally, I still don't have enough silver to need to hide. Ugh. I've got these awesome Tazo tea tins from Starbucks that seem to seal pretty good. They'll keep my few solid rolls (one solid roll of silver Roosevelt dimes and two solid rolls of solid 40% silver Kennedy halves) nicely.

Hey, sorry for the delayed response, I am crazy busy here lately, I am thinking of sliding the glass jars into some PVC and going that route, it is kinda on the back burner for right now with everything else going on. Plus it has just really dried up here for good boxes lately, so not much to add to the stash. HH, Maverick.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread