Silver storage, Anybody bury their stash or some of it?

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Ok, so some who know whats really going to happen or allready happening may have the same idea as me ( and others) but, I've been trying to figure out a good way to bury some of my Silver, a lot of my extra is in glass instant coffee containers with plastic lids right now, but can be transferred to something else. I have thought about a box of some sort to put the containers in, but don't want it to get filled up with water from being under the ground. Those who don't know, if you are taken out of your home, or for what ever reason have to leave it you will not be able to take your stash with you ( no way I could carry mine) just some in your bug out bag, you will know were your money is and can come back to your spot and get it later when things are stable again, ( I'm not burying it at my house, hint hint clue clue), things may never get out of hand ( right....) but if they do, I just want to be ready. I could go on but, this isn't the "Prepper" forum, I'll take some suggestions from some of you that do this, or have thought about burying your CRHing finds. HH, Maverick.

Upvote 0

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
IMO, if you're that concerned about societal meltdown, you should be putting more than just "a cheap little gun" in your stash. Personally, I don't see this country getting anywhere near that point, and a SDB should be more than sufficient. Admittedly, I am looking into safes, and a way to both disguise it and secure it on my property - involves concrete and rebar :laughing7:. As far as burying a stash though, ask yourself how accessible it will be, to yourself and others, if the SHTF. If the answer is satisfactory to you, good luck!

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
IMO, if you're that concerned about societal meltdown, you should be putting more than just "a cheap little gun" in your stash. Personally, I don't see this country getting anywhere near that point, and a SDB should be more than sufficient. Admittedly, I am looking into safes, and a way to both disguise it and secure it on my property - involves concrete and rebar :laughing7:. As far as burying a stash though, ask yourself how accessible it will be, to yourself and others, if the SHTF. If the answer is satisfactory to you, good luck!

Hey FT, I may have worded my opening statement a little to the crazy side of things but, my main concern would be having to leave my home in any event in a rush or unexpectedly, by force or for any situation ( weather included), if this were the case then I would have to leave a safe behind for others to get to in my absents. The land for burying is private and easy to access. I have a safe too but, as another member mentioned, it's no good against the guy ( or many guys) that over powers you and threatens to pull your teeth out with pliers till you open the safe they found in your house. Again, these are small possibilties as you mentioned, but better safe than sorry. HH, Maverick.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
If the SHTF, silver won't be worth squat.
My two-dozen hens however, priceless.
Clean water: liquid gold.
Toilet paper over tree bark? Uh-uh!

Anyhow, bury PMs? The thought has crossed my mind several times.

mr.landpirate

Dec 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
try electrician's gray ABS it's made to hold copper underground. If sh-stuff gos that sideways melt the silver to make bullets and hide lots of guns!:skullflag::laughing7::headbang::tongue3::icon_thumright::hello2::skullflag:

BuxSilvers

Greenie
Dec 10, 2012
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guard my silver with glock ;) I do like the idea of burying it though and if the SHTF landpirate is right except lead might be a better metal to invest in right now...

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
my main concern would be having to leave my home in any event in a rush or unexpectedly, by force or for any situation ( weather included), if this were the case then I would have to leave a safe behind for others to get to in my absents...

I have a safe too but, as another member mentioned, it's no good against the guy ( or many guys) that over powers you and threatens to pull your teeth out with pliers till you open the safe they found in your house.

That's where disguise/concealment comes into play...

:thumbsup:

cooper36

Nov 30, 2011
east coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Best place to hide it?? In plain sight.

Don't use pvc pipe. Use a ammo can the good plastic kind if you are thinking of burying it in the ground. place the coins in jars as you are thinking of doing with ammo, Be sure to use the oxygen absober packs. pvc 6 inch pipe cap glued on one end with a screw cap not glued on the other but use Teflon tape when you tighten the screw cap one with alot of ammo. A small 22 cal Chimp monk cricket even the survival 22 that will come apart,will work wonders when securing food.this can be buried upright with a good set of post hole diggers be sure to know the spot that you can find it again. Bury a whole lot of trash around it too. Mav give me a call I will tell you more.

Generic_Lad

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw
Primary Interest:
Other
The problem I have with burying your stash beyond the obvious fact of trying to remember where it is (I mean, look at how many lost time capsules there are and these are usually known by lots of people and well publicized... Oglethorpe University : Most Wanted Time Capsules ) is that in a SHTF scenario, why would I want to be in the US? My plans are to be well out of the US (and Europe!) by the time that happens. I see no benefit in staying rather than just fleeing for someplace more stable like South America.

Styfflin

Jan 8, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mav - did you figure out what you were going to do in regards to this topic?

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey FT, I may have worded my opening statement a little to the crazy side of things but, my main concern would be having to leave my home in any event in a rush or unexpectedly, by force or for any situation ( weather included), if this were the case then I would have to leave a safe behind for others to get to in my absents. The land for burying is private and easy to access. I have a safe too but, as another member mentioned, it's no good against the guy ( or many guys) that over powers you and threatens to pull your teeth out with pliers till you open the safe they found in your house. Again, these are small possibilties as you mentioned, but better safe than sorry. HH, Maverick.

I see my imagery of the bad dude with pliers has stuck with ya!

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Best place to hide it?? In plain sight.

Don't use pvc pipe. Use a ammo can the good plastic kind if you are thinking of burying it in the ground. place the coins in jars as you are thinking of doing with ammo, Be sure to use the oxygen absober packs. pvc 6 inch pipe cap glued on one end with a screw cap not glued on the other but use Teflon tape when you tighten the screw cap one with alot of ammo. A small 22 cal Chimp monk cricket even the survival 22 that will come apart,will work wonders when securing food.this can be buried upright with a good set of post hole diggers be sure to know the spot that you can find it again. Bury a whole lot of trash around it too. Mav give me a call I will tell you more.

exactly, I would bury pull tabs and big pieces of iron everywhere. of course, that could make things difficult when it's time for you to find it again, remember that if you're leaving in haste initially, chances are you'll be doing it again when you go back to get your silver. time will be of the essence

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Am I the only person on this site that thinks that some of you on here have a bit toouch time on your hands?

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Am I the only person on this site that thinks that some of you on here have a bit toouch time on your hands?

probably not, I definitely have too much time on my hands. Never a lack of ways I can think of to spend it though! Today I almost splurged on security cameras for my place, Imagine the mailman staring one of those down hahaha

Jyorsky

Sep 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO
AT GOLD
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Maverick...watch out cause big brother is watching

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread