Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
White's Spectra v3i
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! I love the old tools. Are they usable once cleaned up? Or is old dug iron too brittle to actually use?

OP
OP
L

LostinGeorgia

Aug 21, 2023
Nice finds! I love the old tools. Are they usable once cleaned up? Or is old dug iron too brittle to actually use?

I am working on restoring 3 axes right now. Have tried to restore an old hoe but the one I tried is just to far gone so going to hang it on wall in my mower shed. The hoe my wife found today looks like the best one I’ve found to date. Will soak it in vinegar and see what it looks like. Wish there was some value for some of this stuff. It’s starting to pile up. Here are some pictures of some of the stuff I am saving for right now. Going to give the first axe to my boss. Most of this stuff comes from his property.

Attachments

• IMG_0703.jpeg
    IMG_0703.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0702.jpeg
    IMG_0702.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0579.jpeg
    IMG_0579.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 20

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wide variety today. Always like finding an axe and the hoe is in pretty good shape (wife found it sticking out of ground). Tried to find out about pinewood stove but not much luck so far. Added picture from the trail. Happy hunting.
N
Wide variety today. Always like finding an axe and the hoe is in pretty good shape (wife found it sticking out of ground). Tried to find out about pinewood stove but not much luck so far. Added picture from the trail. Happy hunting.
Nice!!! Congrats!!! Minus that huge black snake😂

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
We have one site we are avoiding until it gets a little colder. Was a 5+ foot eastern diamondback there close to the 4wheeler when we were leaving😁
Lots of iron
Well done on the axe clean up
I wonder about the species of regarding the snake.
Looks like a common Eastern Black Rat-no pattern as what images show for the Eastern Diamondback.

OP
OP
L

LostinGeorgia

Aug 21, 2023
Lots of iron
Well done on the axe clean up
I wonder about the species of regarding the snake.
Looks like a common Eastern Black Rat-no pattern as what images show for the Eastern Diamondback.
The eastern diamondback was not in picture. Happened in sept.

Timbermaster

Oct 21, 2018
MT
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
Other
If you swing your detector over the snake you can tell by the tone what kind it is.

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
Im going through the same issue with accumulated iron. I’ve repurposed what I can and restored a few keepers. I’m starting to let some go to scrap yard. Those of us who dig every signal end up with plenty. Great work on that axe head.👍🏼

OP
OP
L

LostinGeorgia

Aug 21, 2023
Im going through the same issue with accumulated iron. I’ve repurposed what I can and restored a few keepers. I’m starting to let some go to scrap yard. Those of us who dig every signal end up with plenty. Great work on that axe head.👍🏼
Same here. I sort it into about 3 different piles. Want I want or can restore, what I just can’t scrap, and scrap. Have about 700 pounds total at home now and probably 2 to 3 hundred more on the property laid out under a shed. Try to keep a very wide variety there. Property owner and some of the older guys I used to work with like to see what’s new from time to time. Rambling now but yes it does pile up

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
Same here. I sort it into about 3 different piles. Want I want or can restore, what I just can’t scrap, and scrap. Have about 700 pounds total at home now and probably 2 to 3 hundred more on the property laid out under a shed. Try to keep a very wide variety there. Property owner and some of the older guys I used to work with like to see what’s new from time to time. Rambling now but yes it does pile up
I’ve found old shafts that became tomato stakes, an iron headboard became a trellis for gourds and Ive got “totem poles” around the garden that are decorated with: hinges, cultivator points, etc. Redneck art show at my place. 😊

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread