What's new

SILVER TEE PEE? CHRISTMAS TREE BUCKLE?

DaChief

Bronze Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2007
Messages
1,035
Reaction score
36
Golden Thread
0
Location
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
-------(Water)------- Garrett Infinium (Relic and Coin) Minelab Sov. Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This was found years ago near Salinas, California by one of my Police Officers who dabbled in T Hunting back then. I have it pegged as Victorian but he also stated he found a coin silver spoon nearby dated 1845. Could be Mexican. Not sure of the design. It has a marking that I tried to photograph but it did not come out well. I am away from my good equipment right now and can't do a good photo.

It is surely silver and I believe it to be a belt buckle. It is about the size of a 50 cent piece. Any thoughts would be appreciated on the design and age.

DaChief!
 

Attachments

  • Home 036.webp
    Home 036.webp
    7.3 KB · Views: 249
  • Home 035 2.webp
    Home 035 2.webp
    5.7 KB · Views: 241
  • Marking.webp
    Marking.webp
    46.5 KB · Views: 238
I don't think Victorian at all... Either Arts & Crafts, Art Nouveau, or Art Deco era.

Standard era design with no real meaning (as far as Christmas trees or tee-pees) other than the symatry of the thing IMO.

Nice buckle!
 
Upvote 0
Thanks Jim! I will let my fellow hear know.
 
Upvote 0
Didn't even notice the 900. Thanks. I have been out of pocket for a couple of months and just getting back in the game. You are right on on the ID I do believe. Thanks again.

Jim
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom