What's new

✅ SOLVED Silver thing from a mid 1800s to 1950s schoolhouse

Noah_D

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2017
Messages
1,597
Reaction score
3,492
Golden Thread
0
Location
Illinois (prev. NE Ohio)
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Garrett ACE 300, Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello all, I decided to hit a permission that I sort of just forgot about for most of the year. It's a beanfield with the site of a schoolhouse dating from about 1850s-70s, the beans have been harvested but I'll be hitting this place hard after it's plowed again... I had some neat relics and some old coins (incl. a Barber half!) that I'll post tomorrow after I get better daylight. Anyhow, my second target was this little thing, I thought it was a smushed thimble at first but it looks like it was meant to be that oblong shape. Any thoughts on what it could be?
IMG_3576 (1).webpIMG_3577.webpIMG_3575.webp
Thanks!
 
I apologize in advance for the poor photos! I know they are bad but really want to figure out what this thing is and I don't have any daylight.
 
Upvote 0
Looks like the top of a match safe.
 
Upvote 0
Looks like the top of a match safe.
Ah, yes. It does seem to be something along those lines... maybe I'll get the rest of it next time. Thanks.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom