Silver Today

King-John

Jan 14, 2007
Grass Valley, Ca.
Detector(s) used
E-Trac/X1 Probe, Whites 6000 XL pro, Ace 250,
Got out for a few hours today at the old school park that I have hammered with the 6000 pro, in the first 15 minutes the E-Trac pic up a Silver right next to a old rusty nail, a 52 Rossie :hello2: , and just 30 feet away I picked up another silver signal down deep, after spending a few minutes getting down to 10"+ out popped this nice Silver Bracelet :thumbsup: , I will be doing some investigating on this to see if I can find the person, with the Name and Address on it it shouldn't be hard to do, I also dug part of an old horse shoe at 12+. This machine is awesome it is also a nickel magnet when it reads 12 - 13 it is in-fact a nickel.

002guk.jpg

003gb.jpg

006gze.jpg

009gaq.jpg

Upvote 0
Sounds like your off to a good start,Congrats on the nice finds with the new machine...HH Soup

Bracelet may be a form of trench art (WWII style) Sweet!

HH
-GC

Bracelet, you probably know is Australian silver florin or or 2 shilling (face value 20c) coin, cut down. Awesome find.

love the finds!!!!!!!!!!!! MR TUFF

This is What I found on the coin used to make this Bracelet. Center area cut out, Face ground smooth for scrip

Australian Florins
1942 San Francisco Mint Silver Florin
Sterling Silver
In 1942, Australia was at war. The Japanese were on our doorstep and the Americans were already here, in fact the well paid American servicemen spent up so much that they literally broke our banks supply of small change. The Sydney Mint had closed its doors in 1926, having gone broke making money and the Perth and Melbourne Mints could not cope with the quotas required. The San Francisco and Denver Mints came to the party and produced over 6 million pounds worth of silver florin, sixpence and threepence coins. The San Francisco florins have a "S" mintmark over the date..

1942sflorin.jpg

Mintage

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back