What's new

silver tray

PChammer

Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 11, 2010
Messages
337
Reaction score
15
Golden Thread
0
I bought this for 2 bucks today, found an image and info but no value as of yet...

here

It's the exact same thing, patterns, markings, all of it but why do you need to create an account on worthpoint, most irritating >:(

Anyhow, I can't find anything else on the value so any help is appreciated :icon_thumleft: Hope it was worth the 2 bucks :-\

Thanks,

Paul
 
Here is a little info on the company:

Weidlich Brothers-

Weidlich Brothers Manufacturing Company operated in Bridgeport, Connecticut from 1901 until the 1950s. The brothers were Louis, Frank, and William. They produced a wide variety of art metal ware much of which was silver-plated.

The two principle designers at Weidlich were Louis Weidlich and Alfred J. Flauder. Between 1907 and 1933, Louis was granted more than a dozen design patents including jewelry cases, cigarette dispensers, an inkwell and pin cushion combination, an incense burner, a salt shaker, a table crumber and an electric perfumer (well ahead of the makers of aromatherapy and plug-in odor eaters!). With Flauder, Louis obtained two patents for manufacturing methods - one for lowering costs of die-making and one for hollow ware.

Flauder was even more inventive with over 60 design patents to his credit from 1913 to 1948 while working with Weidlich. Alfred designed jewelry cases, salt & pepper shakers, crucifix pedestals, candlesticks, a variety of spoons, a cigarette lighter, perfumer and disinfectant units, clock cases, athletic trophies and a corkscrew!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I found only one tray in the completed items on ebay. Here is the auction number - 160438988538

The also have a link to bullworks.net in the auction, where the above info came from. Hopefull this is a start.

Doug
 
Upvote 0
Sorry for the late reply, been fixing computers and laptops all day and removing viruses :P

romeo-1: I posted the link to the picture where it says "here" as it's better than what my camera takes plus all rechargeable batteries were dead so I had no camera. :-\

Doug, thanks for all the info. Unfortunately the tray is too different BUT I do believe you gave me as much information as I am going to get from this. Even at that the only place that I can find the tray is on worthpoint, everything else is a complete dead end and even advanced search yields only 2 finds. Wish I knew someone with an account there, would ask them for the price it went for, lol. The problem is we only have back yard antique dealers here and as reliable as a rubber ladder.

I will leave this open for tonight and if I get any new info as to worth or such, great, if not, I will mark this as solved.

Thanks again, :icon_thumleft:

Paul
 
Upvote 0
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 0
No one bid on it but oh well. :-\ I think I need to get a good antique book as the internet and ebay seem to be OK for finding some information but very shifty when it comes to value. I wish I had collectors in my area but that's not going to happen any time soon either. :'(

Thanks again,

Paul

will mark this as solved.......
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom