Silver µmax vs Musketeer Advantage - I can only keep one ???

therover

Feb 23, 2008
NJ
Detector(s) used
CZ6a (2),Infinium, E-Trac,CZ20, X5, CZ20,X-Terra 705, Treasure Baron Goldtrax, XL-Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Tough one. I will say this. I have an Advantage, with 8, 10 and 15 inch WOT coil. I can turn the discrimination up all the way, and cherry pick clad and silver ( no nickels however) and not dig hardly any trash. It also has both fixed and manual ground balancing, and can hunt it almost any condition. Super fast recovery speed and you can sweep it slow or fast. I can also use it in the wet, salt sand for the most part.

Saying that, I had to buy an aftermarket shaft since the stock shaft configuration, even under the cuff, is not as good.

The Silver is light, simple to use and life time warranty. Hard to justify letting that go too.

For me, the Advantage has a slight advantage...no pun intended ! I also think it's deeper in it's highest discriminate mode than the Silver. But it's probably twice the weight.

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
The Advantage is the deeper of the two.But as stated above,it weighs a lot more.Also,no telling how long Minelab will service them.The lifetime warranty on the Silver and the light weight of it gets my vote as to being the keeper.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread