What's new

Silver, wheats and clad at local ball field

fongu

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2012
Messages
1,342
Reaction score
879
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to a local ball field for just over an hour and found a 1935 mercury dime and the bands on the back are very crisp and defined, but don't know if this was a key date. Found 1925, 1942 & 1944 wheat pennies and 5 clad pennies. Haven't had time for photos, but will try and post them next time I come to town. My first mercury dime this year and only the 3rd since I got into this hobby in December of 2007.
 
Upvote 16
Congrats on your finds. I am sure you were very happy with your 3rd in 8 years. Might be 2017 before your next!:tongue3:
 
Many grats Mercs are one of my favorite coins
 
Awsome! Congrats! A merc and wheats! A sports field with treasure! Get back there soon.
 
Thanks. I posted my finds from both trips and wait until you see what I found Friday and almost didn't dig because I was tired and pressed for time. Glad I dug it.
 
Thanks. I posted my finds from both trips and wait until you see what I found Friday and almost didn't dig because I was tired and pressed for time. Glad I dug it.
If you can clearly see the space between the bands, (in other words, the band's are not touching each other), then you have what is graded as "Full split bands", or fsb.
Let's see those pictures
1935 was a common date for the Mercury Dime
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom