Silver"

fishinfool

Sep 17, 2009
oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250
Silver"

Well here is the story. I work for an older couple now and then doing odd jobs for them. Yesterday was the best odd job I ever had. The older gentleman is 92 years old had recently had a couple of strokes and had affected his memory. He has trouble remembering things that happen today but for some reason he is getting flashes from the past. The other day he said he remembered burying something,perhaps money or coins.So yesterday I went to fix their roof and thought I would just through in the MD just in case. I was working away when the older gentleman told me that perhaps what he buried was under the house. I told him I had my MD and showed him how it worked on a quarter I pulled out of my pocket and through on the ground. He said come with me. He led me through the house and into a room. He then proceeded to open a hidden door in the wall that led under the house. He said I think it's in there somewhere. I took my MD and a flashlight a headed in. As I plowed through the spiderwebs I hit quite a few junk targets but about 25 feet in I hit something solid. It was ringing silver and on dimes. I hollered for him to through me the shovel. About 1 foot down I hit the top of a three gallon metal bucket. I hollered at him again, this time that I had something. I drug it to the hidden door and climbed out into the house with the bucket. It felt like it weighed about 30 or 40 pounds so I didn't know exactly what was in there. These people save some strange things. I bent the tabs on the bucket's lid and opened it. I could not believe my eyes,there was a canvas bank bag and when I opened it I discovered that it was full of silver dimes. At that moment the old gentlemans memory became quite clear. He said he buried them over 30 years ago and there were 10,000 dimes in the bag! No that is not a typo he said 10,000!!! I was holding one of the coins trying to see what year it was and my hands were shaking so bad I couldn't hardly keep it in my hands. We visited the local coin shop and he gave us a figure for basic silver dimes and the figure I come up with is 11,700 dollars. Now he sorta remembers something about a bag of 10,000 uncirculated silver quarters! The adventure continues!!!

Attachments

• lot of silver.jpg
    lot of silver.jpg
    344.5 KB · Views: 327
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back