What's new

Silver

mschlaht

Greenie
Joined
Aug 20, 2015
Messages
15
Reaction score
17
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Smelted my first silver ingot :-) just need to get some forms to pore the smelt in for a better form. I had to use wet sand and make my own form but it worked.
 

Attachments

  • 1440211165033.webp
    1440211165033.webp
    34 KB · Views: 121
Upvote 0
From what did you smelt? Ore? Coins??
 
Ore
 
Not sure don't have a scale. I had found it doing some prospecting in SD deadwood with my garret in . Had a lot of impurities it was alot of learning how to break it down and smelt it the right way. It's about 3" wide 31\4 long buy an inch thick. But trying to make a good deep square form out of wet sand to pore it in is well. You know lol it was a pretty good nugget.
 
Welcome to the club, this was my first. Before that I played with smelting copper
 

Attachments

  • 1440245759337.webp
    1440245759337.webp
    27.3 KB · Views: 84

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom