What's new

silvers crackin $15 ladies and gents

phrostie

Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2008
Messages
534
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
Nap Town
With silver sitting at $15 an oz, what are you guys looking to sell at? Anyone have a price target in mind?
 
Upvote 0
I'll sell my bullion rounds at $25, and my 40%s at $25-30. Keeping my 90%s unless I really need to sell them.
 
Actually, just sold (10) 10 oz. bars over the weekend to help finance my CRH. Sold at $17/oz. and will buy back if/when silver hits it's usual late summertime lull.

That's my plan, but my plans usually don't work out that way.
 
$75-$100 an oz. (Heck, it hit $50 back in '80, so why not?) FFD
 
wharghoul said:
Actually, just sold (10) 10 oz. bars over the weekend to help finance my CRH. Sold at $17/oz. and will buy back if/when silver hits it's usual late summertime lull.

That's my plan, but my plans usually don't work out that way.

It goes down late summer?
 
DAS7NY said:
wharghoul said:
Actually, just sold (10) 10 oz. bars over the weekend to help finance my CRH. Sold at $17/oz. and will buy back if/when silver hits it's usual late summertime lull.

That's my plan, but my plans usually don't work out that way.

It goes down late summer?


That's what happened last summer. It peaked during the summer, then started to fall again, and even dipped below 10 bucks. Premiums stayed pretty high for a while, though.
 
I have sold a lot lately in the $17 an ounce range, most people are paying above spot, have you been looking at ebay
 
wharghoul said:
Actually, just sold (10) 10 oz. bars over the weekend to help finance my CRH. Sold at $17/oz. and will buy back if/when silver hits it's usual late summertime lull.

That's my plan, but my plans usually don't work out that way.


I think this summer is gonna be different. Too many powderkegs all around the world so PMs will keep rising I bet.

Where did you get such a good price? Ebay? I don't think I could get that here for even my Engelhard 10 ouncers (I like my old Engelhard poured bars, so I am not gonna sell them anyway) ;D

Jim
 
The com-ex can only suppress the price of silver with paper trades so long. I am holding till $30.00 per ounce. That only includes my investment silver and crh silver, not my survival stash for when inflation goes out of control. With all the fiat currency that America has printed in the last four months inflation is bound to grow out of control.
 
Goes4ever,

Yes, I sold my bars on Ebay and I had a few Engelhards included so that may have helped me get the almost $3 over spot for the whole lot.

With shipping and fees taken out, it actually worked out to around $16.00 an oz., but I was still ok with that. I didn't want to go the Ebay route, I tried posting them on Craigslist for 2 weeks and didn't have any luck.

I too believe that the fundamentals support a steady move up in silver prices, but I just don't trust the guys in charge, they keep finding new ways to suppress the metals market and I'm sure they're not done, they can't afford for the dollar to collapse, yet.
 
talking about comex...i had heard from a buddy that a paper contract is only good for 1/3 of physical silver. He said you'd have to own 3 contracts in order to get 1. Anyone else know anything about that?

Yeah spot is higher, it's because there is a shortage on physical. Same with gold. I think silver is due for a much better run than gold.
 
I have read in other forums (kitco) that it isn't so much the price of silver but the ratio to gold that people are basing their sell strategies on....There are a lot of people that plan on dumping their silver for gold if and when the ratio gets in the 30:1 range.
 
I will start thinking about it at 50. @ 100 I would be very tempted. I love my precious. It has become a part of me. I always hold on to the hope of 500 dollar an ounce silver to make me rich. hahahahah.

Golden Silver
 
i'm tempted to sell the 40%s just because they aren't worth as much when silver is low. I plan on holding onto the 90%s for my kids someday, and lemme tell you that'll be a long time!
 
I am holding out for 5 times face for my 40%. I don't plan on selling any 90% or .999 anytime soon.
 
The physical and spot prices are getting alot closer together. I think that 5x face for 40%ers may not be far off though if the price can climb another dollar or two.
 
I sold about a month ago and made over $2000 in profit. Not bad considering I only started doing this around Superbowl time. Do I regret selling? not one bit. Will I ever regret? no not ever. I have no regret in my life. If I had done one thing different in my life I would not be where I am today. My motto LIVE LIFE DON"T LOOK BACK, YOU CAN"T CHANGE HISTORY.
 
dandow20 said:
With silver sitting at $15 an oz, what are you guys looking to sell at? Anyone have a price target in mind?


$20 will get me thinking about selling %20, maybe; problem is the US currency is very likely to slip into hyper inflation- have noted striking declines on world currency market of US dollar, do not want to be caught holding too many of them.

I see some very hard times coming for US, it strikes me the Gov knows this and is actually looking for this to get worse as it serves interest of (socialism) Gov as they gain more control over our lives. Can't help but remember Kruchev's statement in NY about taking over US without firing a shot- they essentially have done so now that we have elected a Marxist in to White House.

Another interesting point: Saul Olinsky is Obama's mentor, he wrote a book on Community Organizing called Rules For Radicals, in the dedication he did so to "rebellion" itself, but did not stop there, went on to make mention "of first rebel who gained his own kingdom, [l]ucifer." Something to ponder, kinda spooky really.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom