What's new

Silversmiths mark

mramsoil

Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2009
Messages
42
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Location
Long Island, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i w/ Sunray DX1, D2, 6x9, & Detech 13" coils, BH300, Surfmaster Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silversmith's mark

I can't seem to ID the mark on a silver ring that I found today. It reads: (c) WJ 97 SS9.25
It might be 2 ws, one over the other. Thanks for any help folks
 

Attachments

  • IMGP0011.webp
    IMGP0011.webp
    97.5 KB · Views: 237
Upvote 0
Re: Silversmith's mark

I fond a similar ring with two Ws on top of each other followed by JD. It was a What Would Jesus Do ring. I don't see a D on yours though...

-Nancy
 
Upvote 0
Just tidying up some blasts from the past (including some very ancient ones), largely for the benefit of anyone searching the site for information.

The double W and J mark is for Waldeck Jewelers Inc. of Albuquerque, New Mexico. They filed for that trademark in 1994 and the ring is copyright marked for 1997 (but could be later) as well as being sterling marked (925 silver).

Waldeck.webp
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom