simnasho-or-abandoned-church-2.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 3,427

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
Now there is one I've never heard of... do you have a website to go with that pic? :wink:

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
It is on the reservation....where Hwy 3 and Hwy 9 come to a T.....my daughter went to 4th grade there in a one room schoolhouse and I spent many years volunteering as a firefighter and medic at the firehall there and at the agency (what they call the main town area) as well. I also worked at the police dept there for 3 years and at their resort for 6 years....and David is right.....if you try to metal detect there or even walk around off the main road they will cite you for federal trespass. :'( Fascinating area though! Some incredible history there and even some tribal members in the Simnasho area that still do not speak english...one of them used to call when I worked at the police dept and say Cyndi?? when I would say yes he would sing to me in Sahaptin....if I got another call I would just put him on hold and come back a bit later and he would still be singing....lots of great memories there

eathan

May 19, 2006
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Goldmaster V-SAT, ACE 250, Lobo SuperTRAQ
Gypsy, cool pics in these church threads. Detecting would be fun, but I'm a photography fan as well. :)

goldpaner

Dec 5, 2007
MILWAUKIE OREGON
Detector(s) used
WHITES EAGLE SPECTRUM
eathan said:
Gypsy, cool pics in these church threads. Detecting would be fun, but I'm a photography fan as well. :)
You guys are good i thouught i was the only one that neww its location.

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
goldpaner said:
eathan said:
You guys are good i thouught i was the only one that neww its location.

nope....in fact many that go hwy 9 on their way to Kah-Nee-Ta Resort would drive right on through Simnasho on their way...seeing as it is not a very big place they might be able to find it! lol Simnasho consists of Fire & Safety's building, the Long House and a small gas station/store with a few houses. The one room school house my daughter went to is no longer in use.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread