simplex plus or teknetics 8000 as primary detector

milkman

Apr 28, 2022
Hey guys,

I have been a longgggg time member on a previous account that i forgot the password and email too after falling out of the hobby for a few years.

Well im back, and i have a new simplex plus and my old trusty teknetics 8000 still. I am wondering, the more i have used the cheaper, but more impressive simplex, the more i have fallen in love with all the features and such. That said, am i losing out on deeper targets by not using my teknetics omega 8000? i found so many goodies with that thing over the years, it was my first decent detector after owning an ace 250 for my first detector nearly 15 years ago. What is everyones thoughts on the tekenetics vs the simplex?

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey guys,

I have been a longgggg time member on a previous account that i forgot the password and email too after falling out of the hobby for a few years.

Well im back, and i have a new simplex plus and my old trusty teknetics 8000 still. I am wondering, the more i have used the cheaper, but more impressive simplex, the more i have fallen in love with all the features and such. That said, am i losing out on deeper targets by not using my teknetics omega 8000? i found so many goodies with that thing over the years, it was my first decent detector after owning an ace 250 for my first detector nearly 15 years ago. What is everyones thoughts on the tekenetics vs the simplex?
The Simplex + is a pretty good deal for the money however something to learn spend a lot of time with it!
I have an analog Tesoro Cibola and a semi-analog Fisher Gold Bug Pro, so the learning curve is much different
Had to learn a lot on each, to be successful on each hunt
Reading the user’s manual is the key-why I could have done better if I had done that FIRST…! 😄
I was using Park 1 thinking it was a faster program-nope! Park 2 is and fits my style of hunting

Richard Guy

VETERAN
Dec 19, 2019
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster
Bounty Hunter 202
Nokta Simplex +
Nokta Legend
Nokta PulseDive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My .02 is that newer technology should equal better overall performance. I am a very happy Simplex user (and Legend)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread