Simplex SP 24 coil or Vanquish 340

CraigOverton

Sep 13, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a simplex and I like it a lot. I almost got a vanquish 440 instead. My fried recently bought a 340 because I told him to get a vanquish just to see how it compares to mine. His VDI is much more consistent where my simplex gives off a wider range of VDI for the same target. His VDI buffer zone is like 5 and mine can be 20. We only look in trashy areas. Will buying a SP24 coil help me ring my VDI range in tighter or should I just buy the cheapest vanquish and have 2 detectors?

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to TreasureNet...!
Get the Nokta Makro coil, it should get in tight places,
and still give performance.
That coil is on my wish list for Christmas...!

ScoTTT2

Jul 19, 2021
steuben county, ny
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have both detectors .. the simplex and vanquish 340 .. the simplex is the better of the two (IMO) .. but both are very capable .. try hunting without looking at the TID numbers, cover it if you need to .. half hour with your simplex, half hour with your buddies 340 .. just dig what sounds good .. guaranteed that after just an hour your question will be answered

Richard Guy

VETERAN
Dec 19, 2019
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster
Bounty Hunter 202
Nokta Simplex +
Nokta Legend
Nokta PulseDive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Get the SP24. The Simplex is chatty because it is finding stuff. I've been running mine a notch or two under full throttle and still hitting coins solidly with less chatter. A trick is to lift up while continuing to swing and look at the VDI, if it remains somewhat solid, (~91 for a quarter) most times than not, its a coin. I've tried the SP28, Detech Ultimate and the SP24, all nice tools but I find that the SP24 is the most productive and seems to be better married with the Simplex engine, ... lighter too:)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread