Sin City Gold! NOPE! Fooled again! Just plated.

oldmxrat

Gold Member
Oct 25, 2020
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400, Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Legend, Nokta Accupoint
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit yet another park, this one small and out of the way. There was a fair amount of clad to dig, but the zinc pennies were everywhere (not pictured, as I toss blistered zincolns with all the other dug trash in the park cans).
I found myself unconsciously cherry picking past those dreaded penny signals (40-41 on the Legend) even though I know better, I guess I was getting a little lazy. When I realized what I was doing, I took three paces back to the last penny signal and dug it.

Blam!

15Nov2022c.jpeg

It looks old to me, and there aren't any markings in it, but it's very well made and sure looks like gold. It even has tiny stones set into the sides below the hearts.
I left my testing stuff up north, so I ordered new stuff for down here and will test it when it comes and will post the results.
Not sure what the stone is, possibly black diamond, as there is no wear to the edges at all.

Attachments

• 15Nov2022d.jpeg
    15Nov2022d.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 91
  • 15Nov2022a.jpeg
    15Nov2022a.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 89
  • 15Nov2022e.jpeg
    15Nov2022e.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 89
  • 15Nov2022b.jpeg
    15Nov2022b.jpeg
    589.7 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
Upvote 23

Seabees

Jan 3, 2014
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
-Whites & Minelab-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit yet another park, this one small and out of the way. There was a fair amount of clad to dig, but the zinc pennies were everywhere (not pictured, as I toss blistered zincolns with all the other dug trash in the park cans).
I found myself unconsciously cherry picking past those dreaded penny signals (40-41 on the Legend) even though I know better, I guess I was getting a little lazy. When I realized what I was doing, I took three paces back to the last penny signal and dug it.

Blam!

View attachment 2055671

It looks old to me, and there aren't any markings in it, but it's very well made and sure looks like gold. It even has tiny stones set into the sides below the hearts.
I left my testing stuff up north, so I ordered new stuff for down here and will test it when it comes and will post the results.
Not sure what the stone is, possibly black diamond, as there is no wear to the edges at all.
Your killing it, keep up the good work. It sounds like you speak the Legand very well. Your ring collection is growing every weekend.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Blam!

View attachment 2055671

Very Nice!!!! Congrats!!!!! I’d have it tested!

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Blam!

View attachment 2055671

nice gold man killing it

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
Penny signals are almost never gold unless high karat, imo. I see a silver tone/color. Grats and do let us know.

OP
OP
oldmxrat

oldmxrat

Gold Member
Oct 25, 2020
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400, Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Legend, Nokta Accupoint
Primary Interest: