SINCE YOU ASKED - CALIFORNIA LEADS

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
STRAWBERRY STATION ... in september 1861 three men held up the pioneer line stage at this relay point east of placerville. they got an estimated $3000 in gold coin. source PAGE 61, ROAD AGENTS AND TRAIN ROBBERS BY HARRY SINCLAIR DRAGO - 1973
SANTIAGO AND MODJISKA MOUNTAINS ... were very popular with bandits and contain famed santiago and robbers roost - both sites of much loot source - THE SHADOWS OF OLD SADDLEBACK BY TERRY E. STEPHENSON - 1948

beerdrinker

Tenderfoot
Oct 29, 2004
California is a pretty big state, i dont suppose you have anything in northern CA? Say north of Redding :P

thanks

OP
OP
S

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
I have four drawers of 2500 3x5 cards each for California. The cards have not been sorted since my flood and not planning to tackle them anytime soon. Hopefully someone else can help you. ss

D

Diane L.

Yep !I heard of this too..In Ill, A trian was taken by robbers and went down in one of the lakes in the nortern Illiniose state, The Money and gold fell off the train and was never found.I knew of someone who knew where the train went down and we lived right near that area...the train is still supposed to be in the water also.

G

gunna_dan

Hey this is my first post, and i have not been treasure huinting, but in California near on the way to Santa Cruz from San Jose, there is this resivoir(i hoped thats how it is spelled) called Lexington Resivoir, and it used to be a town call Alma or something like that. There is this channel to one of the sides, and it lookes like some water carried buncha mud and wood and crap, mebbe might get lucky there. There might even be some forgotten items on the bank of the resivoir when it is low, like it has been recently.

G

gunna_dan

Hey BeerDrinker, i know of a spot around redding which might be good. I can't verify this, but my dad was always into land. He buys it off of ebay, then we would drive up to North California to check this out. Perhaps you know where Alturas is, and when i was going there from San Jose, he said there was this place where indians and the U.S. fought at, and i would imagine there might be interesting stuff there. Also, around Hornebrook there are some old ranches which need hunting

G

gunna_dan

:) I looked into this battle, and it was Captain Jack's Stronghold, in the Modoc War, and this would probably have good stuff at the battle sites.

Modoc1.html

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions