Site of a colonial schoolhouse foundation

aaron.cieply

Aug 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The foundation has obviously been used as a dump spot as I found modern iron, etc. I imagine it will take me quite some time to clear out the trash and get to really old finds.

I did manage this part to an old oil lamp. E. Miller made in USA. They made patents from 1800s to 1900s.

Also found a pin (victorian?) And an old lipstick from the 30s or 40s.
6e4a242c5de9cc88bb4d80cb4289819a.jpg
I'll post pictures in comments

I look forward to going back aND clearing out more trash.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Upvote 8
Very good. And yes, you're clearing out the layers. Dig everything, including lows. Masking can be a problem in trashy old sites so your work now will pay off in dividends (hopefully).

Hopefully there are older items under the trash. Best of luck to you, and we will patiently await the post where you show us the first silver coin!

GL brother!

Looks like a lot of hard work coming your way, but like my dad use to say "Nothing worth having comes easy". I hope you end up with a big old honey hole! Good luck and keep us posted! :thumbsup:

The foundation has obviously been used as a dump spot as I found modern iron, etc. I imagine it will take me quite some time to clear out the trash and get to really old finds.

I did manage this part to an old oil lamp. E. Miller made in USA. They made patents from 1800s to 1900s.

Also found a pin (victorian?) And an old lipstick from the 30s or 40s.
6e4a242c5de9cc88bb4d80cb4289819a.jpg
I'll post pictures in comments

I look forward to going back aND clearing out more trash.

Here's the pin (late 19th/early 20th?) and lipstick (30s or 40s)

b0a089415963f6c39df0ab78d7ae6713.jpg

Hello arron.cieply,

Take your time and as Scrappy said use the layering detecting method! The goodies are there, but are being masked (hidden) by iron and trash from over the years. I do not know what detector you are using, but if you need some advice on machine settings or techniques, please PM me.

Regards,

Doc

The dump spots are really a labor of love. Like others have said, stick with the layering and good luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back