What's new

Six hours beach hunting produces almost nothing.

1869er

Full Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
142
Reaction score
29
Golden Thread
0
Location
Florida
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, Garrett Freedom 2 C.C., 1st detector was a 1970's Compass, Finished a MD Surf PI from a kit - my most recent MD.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, here's the good, the bad, and the ugly.... The best find was either that star junk jewelry piece with abalone shell, or the shoe charm... However the matchbox car isn't too bad along with the clad. Also, the next time I go fishing... well... I'll be set!

I really went slow tonight and gridded off rows by dragging my foot as I went along, at one of the busiest beach areas in my area. Still I found almost nothing for the most part. My back sort of aches now.

One thing is for sure... It was a great night to hunt on the beach, even without finding anything good... The moon was full and no flashlight was even needed! I think I'll try a different beach tomorrow. The Florida beaches are really socked in!
 

Attachments

  • 2:7:126hrBeachfinds.webp
    2:7:126hrBeachfinds.webp
    77.3 KB · Views: 819
Upvote 0
more items for tackle box. change for a beer for ride home. better than nothing.
 
I hear this, in Jan I scored well, but Feb rolls on (gotta be the quote of the year so far - bobbypins planned plundering because - "that is how I roll" - I found that very funny for some reason?) and I'm getting skunked despite really putting myself into some likely areas - several gold plate heartbreakers, no rings, but good amounts of green crusties = back to it tomorrow cause I won't be beaten... and neither will you.... there is gold on them there beaches! :hello:
 
Don't feel too bad, I went to a Sarasota beach Monday for 5 hours and found only some small pieces of aluminum trash and 2 quarters. Your day was much better.
 
1869er, I have to tell you ...that is much, much more than what I've been finding lately. :hello2:


I can't even seem to pull up a car these days. :help:

Lorraine
 
Its the time of year. Not as many beachgoers, even though this season has been unusually warm.
 
The answer to your question can be found under: Ft Lauderdale golden mile is a bust anyone know why ? :BangHead:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom