What's new

Six Pence none the richer

tony2163

Greenie
Joined
May 5, 2013
Messages
17
Reaction score
38
Golden Thread
0
Location
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro, Fisher Goldbug
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went back to our new permission today, Romeo-1 could not join me so it increased my chances of a good find :laughing7: It was an area we hit for a few hours yesterday and made a some good finds as per our previous posts. Today I decided to grid the nectar spot and it paid off!



Another George II


A 1 Stiver Trade Token, 1838




And my favorite find today and my first British silver, 1816 Six Pence.





Now I need a new spot to hunt.

Cheers

Tony
 
Upvote 22
All the finds are great but that six pence is awesome! [emoji2]
 
Great finds. Just an observation but could the sixpence be a counterfeit? The pitting and what looks like blistering on the bust looks a bit strange, also the detail in the engraving around the eye and behind the ear looks a bit shoddy. I know that around 40% of coinage in circulation during this period is thought to of been forged. Interesting find none the less and I think period counterfeit coins are a bit more interesting than the real deal.

HH George..
 
Great finds. Just an observation but could the sixpence be a counterfeit? The pitting and what looks like blistering on the bust looks a bit strange, also the detail in the engraving around the eye and behind the ear looks a bit shoddy. I know that around 40% of coinage in circulation during this period is thought to of been forged. Interesting find none the less and I think period counterfeit coins are a bit more interesting than the real deal.

HH George..

Hey George, anything is possible, my detecting buddy Romeo-1, pulled a counterfeit George III copper out of the same field, and I agree, counterfeit coins are a bit more interesting.

Cheers

Tony
 
Nice finds, I would be happy with any of them.
 
Ol' Geogie's bust looks right to me for a 6p -- the bust on the half crown is different. On this coin wear on his lower eyelid gives him that Rodney Dangerfield look around the eyes. The blistering appears to be environmental damage AFAICT.
 
2163 REALLY NICE RELICS FOR EVERYONE TO SEE. NICE COINS...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom