fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took a shirt back to Walmart today and passed the Coin Star on the way, but it was empty. After returning the shirt, my wife and I did a little shopping. On the way out we passed the same Coin Star again. This time there was a handful of coins in the return tray. I scooped them out and when I got home I found 3 silver dimes and 3 silver quarters, one a 1929 Standing Liberty.An added bonus was the washer. I have only fo
a.jpg
b.jpg
c.jpg
und about 100 of them! :laughing7:

Upvote 41
Christmas time is the best for these type scores.....little Jimmy has cleaned out grandpa's change jar, and coin collection to buy grandma a cheap Chinese plastic gift, and there goes granpas silver coins from the 60s !! Keep checking folks....Christmas is the best time for a good coinstar find !!

Awesome! I love a good coinstar haul. Never gotten an SLQ from one, though! Speaking of which, are you sure that's not a 1919 S? It looks (to me) like the date field is flat with the coin... not recessed as it would be with a 1929.
Either way, great finds for rejects!

Wow, what an Epic score, including my favorite coin, an SLQ- Congrats for that early Christmas present!!
What a great haul - congrats !

Yes Jeff - Standing Liberty Quarters are also my favorite coins - there's just something about them !
But a Pine Tree Shilling is the "Holy Grail" of all coins for me - I just have to get back to New England some day !

Awesome! I love a good coinstar haul. Never gotten an SLQ from one, though! Speaking of which, are you sure that's not a 1919 S? It looks (to me) like the date field is flat with the coin... not recessed as it would be with a 1929.
Either way, great finds for rejects!
I am not sure on the date. I have to use my friends eyes to ID some stuff and they were out of town, so the only thing they had was the pictures I posted here.

WOW! A standing liberty in the Coinstar😂? Some people really don't know what they're leaving behind. The luckiest I've gotten is a 1925 merc and a 1940's altered quarter.

I took a shirt back to Walmart today and passed the Coin Star on the way, but it was empty. After returning the shirt, my wife and I did a little shopping. On the way out we passed the same Coin Star again. This time there was a handful of coins in the return tray. I scooped them out and when I got home I found 3 silver dimes and 3 silver quarters, one a 1929 Standing Liberty.An added bonus was the washer. I have only foView attachment 2119292View attachment 2119293View attachment 2119294und about 100 of them! :laughing7:
Score!!! Congrats!!!!

We check the Coinstar machines and have only found two silver dimes. Need to check them more often.

Nice score!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back