What's new

Skunk boxes finally end!

apush

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2009
Messages
1,942
Reaction score
212
Golden Thread
0
Location
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Skunk boxes finally end!

Well, after 8-9 boxes of halves in a row that were totally skunks--and I mean that literally, I finally remember what silver looks like. One of our veteran CHR's advised me on one post that obtaining one box of halves rarely produces silver. So, I bit the bullet and dared to purchase 3 boxes which really stretched my budget--but I am glad I did. Here are my results, meager to some, but I am as happy as all git out:

Box 3: Nada, Nothing, Ziltch, Zero

Box 2: Nada, Nothing, Ziltch, Zero

Box 1:
15 90% Kennedy (yippee!!!). I had two 90% next to each other in one roll; another three in another roll. Geez, it was purty to say the least.
1965-1
1967-2
1968-1
1969-2
Plus, 1 2004-D; 1 2008-D; 1-2008-P

I thought it was a bit strange to find more 64's than other silver Kennedy's. Thank you Mr. Hartford--your advice was well taken. If you ever come to Texas, I will buy you some tacos and a Corona--or cornbread and a chicken fried steak with a shot of Jack Daniels to boot.

apush :read2:
 
Upvote 0
Re: Skunk boxes finally end!

apush said:
Well, after 8-9 boxes of halves in a row that were totally skunks--and I mean that literally, I finally remember what silver looks like. One of our veteran CHR's advised me on one post that obtaining one box of halves rarely produces silver. So, I bit the bullet and dared to purchase 3 boxes which really stretched my budget--but I am glad I did. Here are my results, meager to some, but I am as happy as all git out:

Box 3: Nada, Nothing, Ziltch, Zero

Box 2: Nada, Nothing, Ziltch, Zero

Box 1:
15 90% Kennedy (yippee!!!). I had two 90% next to each other in one roll; another three in another roll. Geez, it was purty to say the least.
1965-1
1967-2
1968-1
1969-2
Plus, 1 2004-D; 1 2008-D; 1-2008-P

I thought it was a bit strange to find more 64's than other silver Kennedy's. Thank you Mr. Hartford--your advice was well taken. If you ever come to Texas, I will buy you some tacos and a Corona--or cornbread and a chicken fried steak with a shot of Jack Daniels to boot.

apush :read2:

Wow! 6 Oz. of silver. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:. Now you have to pick up 7 or 8 boxes next time.
First time I sipped Jack Daniels, downed ice cold Corona, had my first taco, real cornbread, and CHICKEN FRIED STEAK :tongue3:was in Texas. Where else? Long time ago.
HH
Rich
 
Re: Skunk boxes finally end!

Rich Hartford said:
apush said:
Well, after 8-9 boxes of halves in a row that were totally skunks--and I mean that literally, I finally remember what silver looks like. One of our veteran CHR's advised me on one post that obtaining one box of halves rarely produces silver. So, I bit the bullet and dared to purchase 3 boxes which really stretched my budget--but I am glad I did. Here are my results, meager to some, but I am as happy as all git out:

Box 3: Nada, Nothing, Ziltch, Zero

Box 2: Nada, Nothing, Ziltch, Zero

Box 1:
15 90% Kennedy (yippee!!!). I had two 90% next to each other in one roll; another three in another roll. Geez, it was purty to say the least.
1965-1
1967-2
1968-1
1969-2
Plus, 1 2004-D; 1 2008-D; 1-2008-P

I thought it was a bit strange to find more 64's than other silver Kennedy's. Thank you Mr. Hartford--your advice was well taken. If you ever come to Texas, I will buy you some tacos and a Corona--or cornbread and a chicken fried steak with a shot of Jack Daniels to boot.

apush :read2:

Wow! 6 Oz. of silver. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:. Now you have to pick up 7 or 8 boxes next time.
First time I sipped Jack Daniels, downed ice cold Corona, had my first taco, real cornbread, and CHICKEN FRIED STEAK :tongue3:was in Texas. Where else? Long time ago.
HH
Rich
Skunks will no doubt increase, though admit we have fewer this year than last but get alot of boxes with like one or 2 in them, and very few high numbers this year; it appears to me therwe are alot more people searching too boxes and hitting Banks you know cold calls as run into tellers who comment about the numbers of people asking for Halves and my finds from cold calls are so puny I no longer go out of my way to hit Banks.
 
Re: Skunk boxes finally end!

Congrats to you apush ! That score would make me pretty happy too - Basically if I can pull
one 90%er from a box I feel like I had a good day . I don't get too excited by 40%ers.
Persevere ! Argentium.
 
Re: Skunk boxes finally end!

Nice score :icon_thumright: I would stay at 2 boxes if I were you. The banks are really getting tired of all the CRH coin. I know a Penn Star Manager who just told me today they had a meeting and a fee is down the pike soon for every box because of all the boxes being ordered. The banks are talking with each other it seems too. Don't forget you are on camera in every bank you go to-- hint!!
 
Re: Skunk boxes finally end!

Really nice score on those 90's! ffd
 
Re: Skunk boxes finally end!

Actually you skunked on 2 of the 3 boxes. If you just bought 1 and it was the right 1 you would have only needed that 1 box. If you get 8 you may skunk on 7. All luck 1 or 100 doesn't matter.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom