Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I built this for my slabs. When displaying smaller slabs I think I will incorporate leather to cover the crack in the back...:laughing7:

100_0466.JPG

100_0468.JPG

100_0469.JPG

100_0470.JPG

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can find some collector plate stands that look just like that at Hobby Lobby or Micheals they aren't out of wood though most of those were a heavy black plastic. I think yours is better because it can handle more weight the plastic would probably start bowing from the weight.

Upvote 3
OP
OP
Oregon Viking

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can find some collector plate stands that look just like that at Hobby Lobby or Micheals they aren't out of wood though most of those were a heavy black plastic. I think yours is better because it can handle more weight the plastic would probably start bowing from the weight.
I might make stands from plexiglass. I can stack saw them either way... wood, plexi.

Upvote 3

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I might make stands from plexiglass. I can stack saw them either way... wood, plexi.
That is a good idea if the plexi is clear it can make the slabs look like they are free floating. When you make some show them. I find Obsidian down here by Yosemite that is black with red obsidian flecks in it and also find some red obsidian occasionally. There is also an amethyst area close by there also.

Last edited:
Upvote 4

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions