What's new

Slow day and a question....

placerman

Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 11, 2005
Messages
286
Reaction score
4
Golden Thread
0
I went through two boxes today.

The first one yielded just one proof and one NIFC.

The second put out a little better but just 2 40%, another proof, and one more NIFC.


Now to the question...

I'm accumulating a pretty large pile of impaired proof halves.

Is there anyone who is interested in them or should I just put them back into circulation.

Do you sell yours?

Is ebay worth a try?
 
Upvote 0
For a Proof coin to be worth anything it has to be sealed and untouched by human hands!!! Once you get any marks at all on a coin it greatly reduces its value. :dontknow: :dontknow:
 
I don't really care to make a huge profit on them.

25 dollars for 20 face value would be fine with me.

It just seems like such a shame to toss them back.
 
placerman said:
I don't really care to make a huge profit on them.

25 dollars for 20 face value would be fine with me.

It just seems like such a shame to toss them back.

No one said you have to throw them back. I keep the real nice, clean ones in separate tubes from silver. It all depends on your own desires. :icon_sunny:
 
Pacerman,
Remember, these are "S" mints and are nice to keep to complete Kennedy Half sets.
Keep the ones that are in real nice condition. Just my two cents worth.
rileyboy
 
I just used a few to trade for silver. The teller was holding some silver for her grandmother who wanted some halves. I showed the teller some pretty proofs and we traded. I also use them to throw peeps off the silver trail when i show them some of the "stuff" i look for. Not really my idea , i got it from Rich i believe.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom