Slow start to my 4 Day Silver Spree with a goal of 20 oz.

The_EE

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2011
Constant state of misery
Primary Interest:
Other
Not much in the way of loose change out there right now for me. Pulled $500 out of the ATM and was only able to pick up $375 worth of CWR dimes. $100 rolled and $275 in bags.

This is the first time the bags didnt pay off. I have been averaging 1.5 dimes per $250 searched from this particular bank, I got skunked. So I headed off to another bank, one that rolls its dimes from customer drop offs into the coin machine. First roll opened netted me a 54 Rosie. Skunked after that. It kept my yearly average at 1:96 rolls. Pretty sad compared to last month, which was 1:29.

Tomorrow I should have 4 boxes of Brinks Halves waiting for me in town.

Wednesday I have a small road trip. 4 pick up banks to hit, 4 dumps to hit in one town. Total of 4 halves, 4 dimes, 2 quarters and 4 nickels. Then I will likely head west towards KC and try my luck in a loop back home. There are about 30 banks in that loop so I will rush to hit them all.

Thursday or Friday, depending on energy level and weather I have another bank route to hit. 27 banks in 156 miles. One I should be able to pick up $500+ in CWR dimes.

One day will be go with the flow day, not sure where I will head yet.

My goal, break 20 ounces this week.

Will it be a reality? Doubtful but it cant hurt to try.

I only have $2,000 to play with so dumping and moving on is key. If I can get some car parts sold on Wednesday while I am CRH'ing, I might be able to up my play money by $500-$1000. It will make things easier.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
The_EE

The_EE

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2011
Constant state of misery
Primary Interest:
Other
OP
OP
The_EE

The_EE

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2011
Constant state of misery
Primary Interest:
Other
Went out on the last leg of the journey for the week. Started off crappy to say the least.

Bank 1: Would not sell me halves since I was not a customer, they had a lot he said, something in the area of $700-$900. Problem was, it would cost me $100 to become a member, I was not about to drop that kind of cash to get to that coin. Maybe in the future. I will check online for their requirements,

Bank 2: Didnt have halves and would not sell CRW's.

Bank 3: Would not sell to non customers

Bank 4: Had 4 CW Halves, skunked

Bank 5: Would not sell to non customers.

Bank 6: Grabbed 3 rolls of CWR Halves. One labeled Uncirculated 2001 and the other Proofs. Almost all proofs, I am holding them for now but might be interested in getting rid of them to any member here for face value + shipping costs ( flat rate box ). I dont collect proofs but I figure someone here would love to add them to their collection.

Bank 7: 4 rolls of CRW Halves, Skunked

Bank 8: 20 Rolls of CRW Dimes, Skunked

Bank 9: 25 rolls of CRW Dimes, 1 Rosie

Bank 10: No Customer rolls at all

Bank 11: 2 rolls of CWR Halves, Skunked and 50 Rolls of CWR Dimes, 1 Rosie ( should have got more, they had $1750 more worth of CRW Dimes. ) I was down to $1000 cash and had 2 more cities to hit before I could get to another coin counter.

Bank 12: 2 String Halves, Skunked and 18 CRW Halves, 6/40% and 1/90%

Bank 13: One of my banks that calls me with full bags from the coin machine. Angie recognizes me and apologizes for not having the Ikes, she had 15 and they disappeared on her day off... guess she remembered me lol. They didnt have anything loose so I grabbed 50 rolls of dimes, got 1 Rosie

Bank 14: Dumped my coin, working on possibly getting another bank to call me on bags of dimes/halves.

Bank 15: Picked up a bag of dimes but wont be sorting that until tomorrow.

Got a package in the mail, guy I know in Texas works at a bank, sent me everything in the reject tray for price of shipping. 1922 Florin, whole bunch of nickels, dimes, quarters and pennies from Canada. No other silver but the florin.

Went through the 2 boxes of nickels last night, 1 War Nickel

So.. unless the bag of dimes is a skunk my weeks challenge total is. 18.0251 oz

19 Rosies
200 Merc's
3 War nickels
1 90% half
6 40% half
1 Florin 1922
1 V nickel
2 5 Pence
3 Canadian dimes
1 2003 C-Cheese Token

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow - 4 solid rolls of Mercs - that's an amazing score! :icon_thumright:

Maybe I'll give up on the dime boxes & just look for any cwr's I can find. I probably couldn't find 200 Merc's in 5,000 boxes.

OP
OP
The_EE

The_EE

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2011
Constant state of misery
Primary Interest:
Other
SilverFace said:
Wow - 4 solid rolls of Mercs - that's an amazing score! :icon_thumright:

Maybe I'll give up on the dime boxes & just look for any cwr's I can find. I probably couldn't find 200 Merc's in 5,000 boxes.

I wish I had purchased more of the $1750 worth of CW Dimes at that one bank. The city only has a population of 2,565. I bet there were some goodies in there. I might have to make a special trip out there one of these days. Its 60 miles one way though, long drive.

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
That really is an amazing dime score EE - huge congrats!

I remember Numis man (I think it was him) had a huge dime score late last year too. I think he found about 9 solid rolls or so but I don't remember how many were Mercs. $$ also had some nice cwr dime scores last year also, and he seems to do well with dimes just about every week too.

Yeah, you all have got me convinced - I'm definitely going to be asking for cwr dimes more often from now on.

cuttybce

Feb 16, 2010
Western PA
Well done - I've found solid rolls on 4 separate occasions but never 90 at once. It normally takes me 5-6 weeks to find that many.

HH,
cuttybce

red89

Feb 28, 2012
'Murica
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey EE, nice finds, just curious...what county are you from? I have some family in MO almost midway between KC and Springfield in a few different small towns (all with populations all under 10,000). Maybe I should have them ship me a few rolls of halfs and dimes!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread