What's new

Slump is officially OVER

cape3

Tenderfoot
Joined
Jul 4, 2010
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southeast
Ok,

Only 2nd post, so trying with pictures here.

I slowed down to only 4 boxes a week and have had just miserable finds. I am not complaining anymore. Usually you get more 40% than 90%. I have gone through only 2 of the 4 boxes and both were about the same, they yielded:

1 x Ben
124 x 1964 Kennedys
26 x 40% Kennedys

Here are the pics (dont laugh, camera makes 3MB pics, and had to install GIMP on the fly to make changes):

pic 1.webp
pic 2.webp
 
Upvote 0
Goodnight! More 90% than 40% I don'tthink anyone will argue that this is a splendid find! Nice :thumbsup:
 
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DREAM BOX!!! what a gr8 box...keep it up and hh!
 
Nice Brinks boxes! Thats a whole lot of silver.
 
Well I will finish the last box in the morning. I looked through the 3rd one and only got:

4 x 90%
6 x 40%

I peeked at the 4rth one (cracked it open) and no enders so i think the first 2 boxes were the score. I am very happy tonight, but the slump I was in (skunks everywhere) This made up for it.
 
Nice.... That box paid for itself. Gotta love that. Official "DREAM BOX"

Mojo
 
The pics are great. Wow. That is a load of 90%s! :hello2:

apush :read2:
 
The last bot of the 4 yielded:
2 x 90% kennedys
2 x 40% Kennedys

I did not mention, but I do keep a set of NIFC's if i do not have a "P", "D" or "S" form 2002-2010 I keep it. I also check and see the condition, and keep the better of the 2. I also find a lot of the NIFC clad proofs (Being a coin collector first, this is more of a means to an end, but due to the economy I am cutting back on the numismatic purchases and sticking with this.)

O, a tip for people that pay coinstar to dump, or fees etc. I never pay to dump anything, this hobby is completely free other than gas time (and the bank is right around the corner so that is nothing.)

Call the bank
Get your box (I have empty one's from prior searches)
get an empty one
unroll, search, stack without roll, put in box.
When finished put top on box with total amount of box (after pulling silver) in pencil
return to bank in box
No fees ever

Hope that helped someone, as I have never had a problem dumping for free.
 
[quoteWhen finished put top on box with total amount of box (after pulling silver) in pencil
return to bank in box
][/quote]
not so sure thats good advice. maybe your particular bank allows you to do this, but in my experience most banks frown on it.
 
Your livin the dream. I have had great finds but most all of them have been road trips. Never a dream box so consider yourself lucky..

Golden Silver
 
Im in your state as well. Ive gone through about 140 brinks boxes this year and dont have even 3 rolls of 90%s yet. That is a monsterous score , congrats!
 
What a great score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe the silver God's are starting to listen to our prayers again... :angel12:
 
that's awesome. I might have to get some more boxes soon.
 
one of these days. one of these days......congrads
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom