What's new

✅ SOLVED Small Brass Medallion

Mason Jarr

Hero Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2012
Messages
517
Reaction score
1,905
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southwest Idaho
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030
Minelab E-trac
Minelab Equinox 80
Deus II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found these pieces of a medallion made from brass, but don't recognize the emblems. It's still missing pieces so I don't know what the original size would've been. From what I can see there's a heart shape in the center, pierced by a cross on the L to R diagonal and an anchor on the R to L diagonal. The whole thing is surrounded by a starburst pattern. The site was a military fort, but has been used for farming to the present. Anyone recognize what this might represent?
 

Attachments

  • 20230809_115517.webp
    20230809_115517.webp
    178.5 KB · Views: 109
I am not real sure, but I think the Cross, Heart and Anchor are symbolic for Faith, Hope, and Love.
 
Upvote 2
Upvote 2
Just curious.. What does the back look like?
 
Upvote 0
Never say Never. .. Here is what your item is (was)View attachment 2098411
That's awesome you identified it. Even more so because I have a couple of other pieces that fit with it now. I thought the other pieces were from a suspender buckle. As soon as I get them cleaned I'll post another picture with all four pieces.
 
Last edited:
Upvote 2

Attachments

  • 20230809_140545.webp
    20230809_140545.webp
    113.3 KB · Views: 65
Upvote 3
Just curious.. What does the back look like?
It's thin so the back is a reverse stamp of the front. There is a wire hoop on the back where the hole in "Charity" is. The hoop was probably used to hold the pin.
 
Upvote 0
Cool little relic! With faith & hope, maybe you will find the rest of it.
You've made me a believer. Although I did spend a good bit of time searching that spot for the rest of it.
 
Upvote 2

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom