What's new

✅ SOLVED Small brass what is it with square hole

bologna321

Bronze Member
Joined
Aug 26, 2017
Messages
1,182
Reaction score
2,953
Golden Thread
0
Location
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Found this in a field near a home dating to the 1800's, looks old. No idea what it goes to, appears to be brass, no markings.

Gonna be a tough one.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20190303_103946843_HDR (600x800).webp
    IMG_20190303_103946843_HDR (600x800).webp
    90.6 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_20190303_103940765_HDR (600x800).webp
    IMG_20190303_103940765_HDR (600x800).webp
    90.7 KB · Views: 71
Ill guess an old on off water valve you can go ahead and mark it solved. But that would be a big mistake LOL
 
Upvote 0
It is out of a rim lock .. (surface mounted door lock)

EDIT: Just added a photo:
 

Attachments

  • Screen Shot 2019-03-03 at 12.26.58 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2019-03-03 at 12.26.58 PM.webp
    42.8 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Amazing id again ��
 
Upvote 0
Dang Creskol…
I knew I'd seen that somewhere, but went with handle.
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
I was joking I just wanted to give someone else a chance to solve it Its not fair for me to solve every one on here.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom