✅ SOLVED Small Button w/ Swastika - Possibly Brass

diderot

Sep 9, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi There,

First time poster. Just got a metal detector (VLF Treasure Hunter) for $40 from a neighbour and found this one my 2nd day in the backyard. At first glance it looks like a Nazi button cap but can't find anything that looks quite like it online. Thought someone here might be able to help. It has a marking on the back that looks like C F C with the first C backwards with a star on either side, then the letters C and F on the other end with the last bit illegible. It's about 1/3 of an inch wide. Any help would be great! Kind of a weird find for a backyard!

IMG_1389.JPG IMG_1390.JPG IMG_1391.JPG IMG_1392.JPG IMG_1393.JPG IMG_1400.JPG IMG_1399.JPG

Last edited:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Tnet! Interesting find. It kinda looks like a snap, but, maybe it's just missing the shank/eye/base.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
D

diderot

Sep 9, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cheers! I thought it may be a snap too but there's no bevel but maybe it's missing something from the back. I'll keep looking in the backyard - definitely interested to see what else is buried back there. 1906 home so lots of possibilities!

Upvote 0

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In what part of the world did you find this? I also think it is snap button. The swastika could be a good luck symbol instead of Nazi.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
D

diderot

Sep 9, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi fyrffytr1.

I'm in Cobourg, Ontario, Canada. Old town with some rich history. It was originally United Empire Loyalist territory and was a big tourist destination in the 1800s when we had a ferry to Rochester NY. Ulysses S. Grant spent some time up here during the old tourism boon and bought a house for his daughter on the lake not too far from here.

I've been thinking the same as the pattern around the edge doesn't really match any Nazi symbolism or designs that I'm seeing.

Upvote 0

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE
I've found snap buttons with the same markings on the back.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
D

diderot

Sep 9, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, Ant.

I've done some more research tonight and found some references to C.F.C / C.F.Co marked Victorian-era brass and celluloid buttons. I think I can mark this one solved. Thanks for the help all ;).

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread